Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

The wicked edge Master pro pack! Lol

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I actually like Commercial.

You could call it the iPhone 6,,,, think of the web traffic and free publicity (from the lawsuit) you’d get. 🙂

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Geez guys… I should have used one of those little smiley face doomajiggies. 😛 It was meant as a joke. I thought “Professional” was just fine.

But if you’re in the mood to change the name, it occurred to me that what’s different is that this new package is an integrated system. The existing Pro Pack was already a professional sharpener compared to the other systems out there. The new pack has an improved “clamp on center” feature, but otherwise, the main feature is that it does put everything in one gadget. For pros, the big difference will be set-up time at the shows. Nicht wahr?

BTW, the other night I watched your video on how to sharpen straight razors on the Pro Pack, by rotating the pivot blocks 90 degrees to move the pivot point off center, relative to the clamps. Very, very clever. Will the new system still allow you to do that?

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Of course, this means I’ll have to stop referring to my WEPS PP2 as a “professional grade” sharpener.

Nah, the PP2 is definitely professional grade. The new one probably should be called Commercial or Industrial, I just didn’t like how that sounded. If anyone has a better name suggestion, it’s early enough that we could still change it.[/quote]

To me Professional did separate it from the Pro-Packs and Field & Sports — all three “product categories” are “professional” quality sharpeners.

I can see the potential that there are more choices added to all three product levels/grades/designations.

That being said, here’s the quick list that came to mind for me…..

Master Series/Edition

Industry Series/Edition

Trades Series/Edition

Production Series/Edition

Market Series/Edition

Again, though, I feel the name already distinguishes it….

~~~~

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

BTW, the other night I watched your video on how to sharpen straight razors on the Pro Pack, by rotating the pivot blocks 90 degrees to move the pivot point off center, relative to the clamps. Very, very clever. Will the new system still allow you to do that?

I’ll have to test if the new system will work for straight razors and get back to you.

-Clay

Les Garten
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

Hello,
    Very nice looking product. Can you provide some details about the advantages this system has to offer over the Pro 2 for instance?

Like the angles achieved and the differences in the clamping mechanism if any?

etc, etc

$900 is a tuff nut to crack over the PP2. For someone new to WE, it would be nice to have some bullet points of all the differences/advantages.

Drawbacks would be nice as well if there are any. Like is there something the PP2 would do that the Pro Series would not.

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i am saving 🙂 🙂 🙂

Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

What is the angle range?

Les Garten
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

:ohmy:

I just saw the price increase on the Professional Series!!

I’ve been saving all my pennies and nickles for this and just got where I needed to be and the price goes up!

You’re killin’ me here!

Looks like my Edge Pro Professional will have to continue it’s metal scraping for some time…

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

keep in mind this professional sharpener is for speed AND precision. it has a self centering/adjusting vise and does not have any micro adjustment. so if you are one of those people like me that likes to REALLY fine tune your angles (to match something else or to account for blade geometry issues) then this may not be for you.

it is my understanding that this is primarily designed for those who have a business sharpening or for professional kitchens. =) hope this helps! If I am wrong on any of these above points I am sure someone will correct me…

wickededge
    Keymaster

What is the angle range?

12-35, depending on the blade width.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

keep in mind this professional sharpener is for speed AND precision. it has a self centering/adjusting vise and does not have any micro adjustment. so if you are one of those people like me that likes to REALLY fine tune your angles (to match something else or to account for blade geometry issues) then this may not be for you.

it is my understanding that this is primarily designed for those who have a business sharpening or for professional kitchens. =) hope this helps! If I am wrong on any of these above points I am sure someone will correct me…

It does have the micro-adjustments, so it’s basically like the Pro II. With the Professional Series, the gross angle settings on the two sides are adjusted with one control, limiting the difference in angle you can achieve between each side of the blade to the 3 or so degrees you can adjust with the micro-adjustments. Thankfully, very few knives are sharpened with different angles on each side. Most asymmetrical knives have the same angle on both sides and have just been sharpened with more emphasis on one side versus the other.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Thanks clay for clearing that up!

Jeff
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

That looks great Clay. I see a lot has changed since i first purchased my set, not even named the pro pack, at that time. I just asked you what would be the best and you set me straight. I wish you could have sent out an email regarding the upgrade you had for the arms, riser and calibrated bar. I would have jumped on that, but now will just make due with my set and all of it’s flaws, which it looks like you’ve corrected. Keep up the good work, sorry i missed out on the new upgrades. But your product has kept me sharp all this time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.