Advanced Search

Who can guess what this is?

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Who can guess what this is?

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

`Great news and price any news on when the ceramic sharpening package will be available (DMT +diamond film)?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

`Great news and price any news on when the ceramic sharpening package will be available (DMT +diamond film)?

We just sent our 3um stones back to DMT to have them repaired/replaced. I hadn’t been happy with the quality because I’d seen where some of the diamonds were clumping in the plating process, leaving large agglomerations that produced big scratches. They are re-working them for us now. As soon as they’re back, I’ll get them up on the site.

-Clay

Mark Massie
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

Hello Clay,

Any progress on the SWAT video?

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I just my swat tonight. Took me a few minutes to figure out? I had never seen one before? It really is very simple. I don’t have a vid camera but will try to post pics a little latter. Maybe they will help?

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Mine is in the mail. Got to be great using it. Just get the angle set once with the angle cube, and so long as that is the only angle you want, no more fiddling with the cube for different stone, strop thicknesses. Just slide adjusting arm up till the stone face meets the swat face and tighten into place.

Anxiously awaiting your experience with the swat, Eamon.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Mine is in the mail. Got to be great using it. Just get the angle set once with the angle cube, and so long as that is the only angle you want, no more fiddling with the cube for different stone, strop thicknesses. Just slide adjusting arm up till the stone face meets the swat face and tighten into place.

Anxiously awaiting your experience with the swat, Eamon.

Mike, I was shooting a match all day today and did not have time to play with the WE? Let me get something to eat and relax for a few minutes and I will get right on it!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Mark,
    Sorry forgot I loaned the camera to my sister, maybe Clay will get a video up? It really is very simple though! You should have no problem figuring it out? I did and if I can anyone can.

Mini review:

So I thought it would be interesting to use as many stones as possible? Was not thinking of a finish or an edge just wanted to put the swat to the test. I followed this progression:

DMT – 80, 100/200, 400/600, 800/1000

Micro fine ceramic 1.4

Chhosera 1000/2000, 3,000/5,000

Roo 3.5

So my observations? I saw the swat with the small hex head screw to clamp in place on it and thought? Hey my large hex from the ball joint would work better. Wrong! To adjust the large screw and to get my fat fingers in between is just to hard to do. I think Clay tried this already? It works fine as is.

Set up: At first it seemed kind oh pia? However I found once the angle is found and by reaching around and behind while holding the stone against the swat it is very easy to tighten the hex screw down.

Operation: I found it to be a dream come true! Going from one stone to the next just could not be easier! Especially with the chosera’s. Loosen up the ball joint, hold the stone against the swat, re-tighten the ball joint and your done. Just that easy!

Conclusion: I went from the 80 stone all the up to my roo and it was considerably easier not having to use the angle gauge every time. I think the swat is a affordable and simple mod. If you use your stones often and the stones are all different sizes your going to love the swat! I think if you just use the diamonds by themselves it is probably not necessary? But I used eight different size paddles and I think I cut considerable time out of the process. In short I found the swat a joy to use!

Mikedoh

Thanks Eamon. Great to hear it works well

Wesley
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 18

I can’t find the SWAT accessory on the website. How can I order one and how much are they?

Mikedoh

Any updates? Getting a 3rd degree burn from pocket money :cheer:

We have them in stock, just need to add them to the website. You can order if you email or call in. The price is $40.[/quote]

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

No pictures from anyone yet? :dry: :woohoo:
    (Never saw the final product).

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.