Advanced Search

Which electronic microscope

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jacques
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Well finally took the plunge and purchased a WEPS Gen 2. Following some research i noticed several people use an electronic microscope to view the edge. These are typically available on eBay, so here is the question: Which one to buy.

I’ve been looking at something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000X-2MP-8-LED-Light-USB-Digital-Microscope-Endoscope-Camera-Magnifier-Stand-/281864585851?hash=item41a070427b:g:rCkAAOSw7FRWUohY

Happy to hear your suggestions and experience with similar units.

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

As long as you dont expect it be an actual x1000 I think you’d be very happy for starters with that.  Of Course you can spend more, lots more…but for that price it will be hard to beat and quite serviceable.  My 2 cents as self proclaimed “Boy on a Budget”.

Scopes of this type typically have 2 focal points that work, a low and high magnification.  Also the picture quality may not be the best but for live examination of the blade they do better.
    Heres a 1min video of my El Cheapo x400(?) on Low setting:

Aloha, Cliff

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jacques
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Thanks Cliff. I watched your video an plan to do something similar – looks like it will be the budget version!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.