Advanced Search

Website Overhaul

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Website Overhaul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys,

You’ve probably noticed that we’re in the middle of a website overhaul. It’s a phased implementation that is beginning with the homepage, shopping cart, news articles etc… which are migrating to a new platform that should be more robust and secure. Phases two and three are the forum and knife database which means that, for now, we’ll still be using our current forum and database. Unfortunately logging into the homepage/cart doesn’t log you into the forum or database until those features are also migrated over. We decided to do it in phases there would be less loose ends to control at one time. I’ll keep you posted when we’re about to move the forum.

–Clay

-Clay

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. The home page with scrolling photos looks great. And I think a good idea to list the other uses like tools and reed knives.

However I think knife enthusiasts deserve more than one photo, especially if reed knives get a full page photo. :cheer:

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Wow..Yeah glad you posted this. I felt like Matthew Broderick from War Games trying to back door into the forum. My normal shortcut that goes to the Wicked Edge home page does not work nor does it recognize me as a member.. BUT If I click on a link from my email to this post..everything works fine. Looks like it is going to be neat Clay. Lots of neat videos and such. overhauling a website is no little task!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

SWEEEEEET nice job clay!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Success! It looks pretty nice! And stable… Not unimportant either 😉 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind support everyone! Things seem to be progressing pretty well with the roll out. Please let me know if you see an glitches.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Clay, can you check and see if Tapatalk is working w/ the new forum? It won’t let me sign on…

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay, can you check and see if Tapatalk is working w/ the new forum? It won’t let me sign on…

Hey Josh,

The URL for the forum has changed since it’s still on the Joomla! platform and the rest of the site is on WordPress. The new URL for the forum is knife.wickededgeusa.com/forum. I think changing that in Tapatalk should do the trick.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Hey Josh,

The URL for the forum has changed since it’s still on the Joomla! platform and the rest of the site is on WordPress. The new URL for the forum is knife.wickededgeusa.com/forum. I think changing that in Tapatalk should do the trick.[/quote]

I think that is something you have to do on your end… i don’t see an option for that as a user…

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Josh,

The URL for the forum has changed since it’s still on the Joomla! platform and the rest of the site is on WordPress. The new URL for the forum is knife.wickededgeusa.com/forum. I think changing that in Tapatalk should do the trick.[/quote]

I think that is something you have to do on your end… i don’t see an option for that as a user…[/quote]

Okay, getting the web company involved.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

Clay,

When I go to https://www.wickededgeusa.com/notexistinglink with my tablet or phone (Chrome), I get the message that my connection is not private and that somebody might be trying to steal my data. (When I go there with my PC – Chrome as well – I just get the message that nothing was found.)

Probably not a big thing, but just so you know.

Great to know that the new site is running on WordPress, by the way. I hadn’t noticed and that says a lot! (My blog Moleculepolishing is running on WordPress, I have another WordPress blog at wordpress.org and also two installations on a NAS and with a service provider.)

But now I do know this I’d personally remove that orange bar at the top of every page 😀 .

wickededge
    Keymaster

Mark,

Thanks for posting this. I’m not getting a similar error now though I did see one the other day. I’ll pass this along to the web crew. About the orange bar – is it aesthetics or the fact that it takes up space that you don’t like?

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

No, it’s pure aesthetics. And I know mileadges vary :cheer: , it’s personal. (But I may know where this bar comes from – and that is a technical reason.)

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Josh,

I think that is something you have to do on your end… i don’t see an option for that as a user…[/quote]

Josh,

I made a change in Tapatalk. can you test it now?

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant

I’m not Josh, but I’m online and I just re-installed Tapatalk. And I’m typing this in Tapatalk 🙂 . Which I still don’t like. And that is personal, like orange bars 🙂 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.