Advanced Search

USB Microscopes question.

Recent Forums Main Forum USB Microscopes question.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tommie
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 29

Thanks for the tip guys! I just ordered a roll. What’s another $14.00 right?   🙂  My wife is going to kill me when all this stuff starts rolling in! My Gen 3 Pro is on the delivery truck today.  I’m excited to start the learning curve. Just hate that I’m going to be out of town this weekend. I want be able to start playing with it until next week.

Tommie
    Participant

Great information Marc. Thanks for sharing this. I like the idea of standardizing on a certain bevel angle to start with. I realize that it’s not a “fits all” for all knife edges.

Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

I’ve been murdered so many time the last 8 months Tommie!  One thing I wanted to point out that I originally forgot to mention about the USB scope that works with a Mac is that the image on the screen is inverted so it’s really confusing at times as you might imagine.  I’ve tried to flip it back to look normal but I haven’t figuring it out yet.  My wife uses a USB ear spoon for digging out gunk and it’s the same with that device so maybe others can comment on other scopes that don’t have this deficiency.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I just rotate the USB cylindrical microscope in my fingers, 180º, so instead of the wire coming out of the bottom of the scope, now it comes out up at the top.  That will flop your image so the image is with the knife bevel up.  Just like the knife is clamped in the W.E. Vise.

USB-Scope-Photo-Up-Orientation

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Tommie
    Participant

I do have an old Windows laptop if necessary. I was just hoping to be able to use my Mac since it’s a 27” HD monitor. I’ll be finding out next week.

Thanks again for the helpful pointers guys.

Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

I just rotate the USB cylindrical microscope in my fingers, 180º, so instead of the wire coming out of the bottom of the scope, now it comes out up at the top. That will flop your image so the image is with the knife bevel up. Just like the knife is clamped in the W.E. Vise. USB-Scope-Photo-Up-Orientation

Well, I have offically lost my marbles!  Why didn’t I think of that?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

I leave the stand attached so I know which way is up..

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.