Advanced Search

Stone storage ideas

Recent Forums Main Forum Stone storage ideas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Frustrated inc
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 27

I was wondering how you guys store your extra stones and accessories. I have filled my Nanuk 950 case (the largest case on this site) and need ideas for my future stones. I have looked at the smaller Nanuk and pelican type cases but was thinking there may be a cheaper but equally good alternative. My work station is mobile so you guys with permanent sharpening stations ,cabinets and drawers won’t help me. Pics and/or links would be helpful if possible. Thanks

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

This is what i tried, got from Amazon but i don’t think its available from them anymore. Trays do pop out, required me to Dremel the bottoms out for the corners of the handles to sit down in

Plano 3744 FlipSider Tackle Box 3700 Size (4 5/8″ Deep)

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Frustrated inc
    Participant

That looks perfect but I checked and it’s been discontinued by manufacturer. Thanks though.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

I use the Plano 3750 https://www.planomolding.com/fishing/stowaway-utility-boxes/prolatch-stowaway-bulk-storage-37

It can be configured so that you will have four compartments in the back half that will each hold two sharpening stones, and you can also configure the front half into larger compartments that will hold your alignment guides, angle cube, LAA, etc.

I store my WE130 in this:

https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-20-qt-gasket-box-clear-with-blue-latches/-/A-15066036?ref=&ref=OpsEmail_Order_572&j=80934&sfmc_sub=291436695&l=20_HTML&u=43837792&mid=7284873&jb=79982

2 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I bought a large Plano Gun Guard case for my old over/under shotgun in 2017 and I’m really pleased with it.  It has the “pluckable” high density foam interior.  I found a version that looks to be workable here.  I’m not sure what the dimensions of the individual foam pieces are but they might be pretty close to what you’re looking for.  It’s a pretty big case, (one of the reviewers called it a “tank”) but you could also pack other related items.  Here’s a link to the factory page for a pistol case which seems about right for a bunch of WE stones and strops.  It’s available on Amazon Prime at this page.   Price of $60.79 is the same at both vendors.  If the price or the size are out of range, they have a bunch more possible solutions.

This case is pretty close to the tier of the case that WE uses for the Gen3 Pro.  Same latches, same robustness.

Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

I use an EXTREME-235H105 n Equipment Case for my stones. It’s a good case, and the price is certainly affordable.

A Nanuk 910 would also be a possibility, but a smaller Nanuk case could be a solution as well.

I just love the Nanuk cases, but they do not come cheap…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Haffner.
    Frustrated inc
    Participant

Thanks Haffner, I’ll check into both cases mentioned. I have a small RTIC case that’s built like a Pelican case I could use. The problem is that’s where I’m currently storing my knife collection.

Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

Thanks Haffner, I’ll check into both cases mentioned. I have a small RTIC case that’s built like a Pelican case I could use. The problem is that’s where I’m currently storing my knife collection.

My pleasure, Frustrated inc.

Also, take a close look at the Nanuk 905, 908 and 909 cases as well. The quality is just outstanding. You will really get what you pay for.

NorCalQ
    Participant
    • Topics: 54
    • Replies: 149

Love that Plano case.  Wish it were still available.  I made my own out of scraps…

WE-Box2

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

NorCalQ

The URL for the Plano had the end clipped off in my earlier post.  It should be https://www.planomolding.com/prolatch-stowaway-bulk-storage-3700

The URL shows them in stock.

My apologies.

Rummels

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.