Advanced Search

Smaller case for WE 130

Recent Forums Main Forum Smaller case for WE 130

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ross
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

New to guided sharpening. Love my new WE130 (Propack 3)

But the case — wow!  That thing is monster!!  Has anyone experimented w something smaller?  I would much rather put my stones in  separate case and have something that is lower profile for the sharpener.  I don’t need it for transport, just something where it can be stored securely between uses.

Marc H
    • Topics: 79
    • Replies: 2751

I offer a variety of “Rack-It” stone storage systems sized and built for W.E. and W.E. after-market size mediums:

https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/we-stone-racks-for-sale/#post-58296

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Ross
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Those look great. I’m new to forum:  all I see are the peg holders. I was hoping for a case to put them in.  Do you have aftermarket WE130 solutions as well.

Marc H

I can build you a custom “Rack-It” that can fit in a plastic box or tote. PM me and we can work out the details. Tell me your needs/capacity and I’ll work something up for you.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Marc H

Ross, did you see this storage case “airscapes” made for his new WE66 Obsidian in an earlier forum post.

https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/we-6x-custom-storage/

You might reach out to him. He may be someone you can work with to get what you’re looking for.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

I have the case for the pro-pack 3, purchased together six years ago or so. I have a complete set of stones in the case and a newer set on March’s rack its. I just cover the extra rack-it just to keep dust off. I’m not sure I would even consider a smaller case though. I can take that case on the road and have everything I need, and then some most of the time. If you use a low profile case you will have to take your sharpener off the base every time you store it and I don’t recommend that. I have never separated my granite base from the sharpener. I don’t recommend that you do that on regular basis. This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. We all have differing needs that’s for sure.

To the pleasure, sksharp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.