Advanced Search

Should this be happening after six months?

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Should this be happening after six months?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

As you all know (or maybe don’t ) I am new to the WE system. I have sharpened several knives, I rotate the stones and I try to be careful and not abuse them. Have any of you experienced the diamond layer flaking off? It is only happening to one of the 800 grit plates. I only use 70% isopropyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush for cleaning.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Brewbear.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Brewbear.
    Attachments:
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Call customer support, I expect they will remedy the issue for you.  I have not seen this but have had issues with stone quality control and WE has taken care of the problem.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Call WE or email them. Their support is very good.

Brewbear
    Participant

I must say, the WE Customer Service is the best I have had the pleasure to deal with. I contacted Kyle this afternoon via email. I got a reply within one hour! Wicked Edge team, you are tops!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

WE support is the best of any company I’ve ever done business with. They will take care of you. Most excellent!

Alan

Brewbear
    Participant

Just a quick update (thank you for the reminder MarcH). The morning of 9/20/19 I got another email from Kyle letting me know the new stones were included in my order from the previous day. Long story short, four days after initial contact with customer service I received the new stones. Excellent service, as always.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Danny
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 26

I’m just going to put this out there about customer service.  They are EXCELLENT.  Got ahold of Clay by email after unpacking one of my ceramic stone sets to put into my rack it that I got from MarcH.  As soon as they came out of the plastic, both sides fell out of the handles.  Glue didn’t stick at all.  Clay gave me an email right back and had me new stones sent out two days later.  If it wasn’t for the storm Imelda I would of had them within four days of contact with him.  Came in yesterday but haven’t unpacked them yet.  Going home tonight to unpack and send the other stones back.  EXCELLENT Can not get any better.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

If Clay or anyone else reading this – you should try to ensure that your legendary customer service is upheld by your authorised dealers.

I got a set set of ceramic stones 1200/1600 in the U.K. recently from Knivesandtools.com and they arrived totally broken (1200 side cracked to bits). Took them a few days to respond to email, then insisted I send back to them before sending back replacements. Once my broken ones arrived in Netherlands they took a few days to dispatch new. All in it was 2 weeks to receive replacement (and post in Europe is generally very very fast).

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

When customer service is top notch, people don’t mind paying oodles of $$$ for the system.  I wouldn’t have, nor would I recommend it if they were finicky about keeping customers satisfied AFTER the sale.  I am sure the amount of “loss” Clay has assumed with going into this business with things not working right and breaking down is accounted for in the profit margin.  Just good business.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.