Advanced Search

Scissor attachment

Recent Forums Main Forum Scissor attachment

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frustrated inc
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 27

I’m looking for feedback on the scissor attachment. I’m thinking of getting one but There isn’t much info or reviews out there of people who have used it.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

The re-designed (current model) is the one that I have. I have only done 3 pairs but can say that it did a great job. I find that the available angle flexibility is quite good and I would recommend it. Please note that this will not be good for barber shears since those are usually convex ground.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The scissor adapter is helpful and useful tool to hold scissors in a position to allow sharpening them with the Wicked Edge.  There are many, many different scissor size, designs and shapes.  The adapter for me is an intuitive tool.  I had to figure out how to clamp the several different scissors I sharpened in a way that held them positioned when clamped in the vise so I could match and sharpen their edges.   Between the two clampings, the scissor in the adapter and scissor adapter in the vise it took me some trial an error to figure it out and to find a combination that worked.  It can be tedious.

I had to tape the un-clamped scissor side to hold it open and out of the way because those scissors could not be disassembled.

Each scissor pair presents with it’s own shape and angled bevel that is another challenge to match in itself .

I haven’t sharpened or attempted to sharpen enough scissors to develop a technique or plan of attach or gained much experience doing it.  I still have to figure each scissor out one by one.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Frustrated inc
    Participant

Thanks guys, I have had several people ask if I can do scissors so I guess I need to pull the trigger on the attachment.

Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

There is a really good video some where on the WE web pages.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Frustrated inc
    Participant

Thanks guys. I ordered it today so I guess I’ll have an opinion soon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.