Advanced Search

Plane & Chisel attachment

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bill Sutherland
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 31

I see there is a new Plane and Chisel attachment and wondered if anyone has used this yet and what your impression/results have been?

Jake Braitman
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

I am curious as well. I’ve been eyeing it for a couple weeks. If anyone has a review I would love to hear it.
    Thanks
    Jake

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Bill and Jake,

Do you guys have a lot of chisels and planes to sharpen?

-Clay

Jake Braitman
    Participant

I have a bunch to sharpen. About 20 chisels and hand planes each.

Bill Sutherland
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 31

LOL, yes I have a bunch to sharpen even though I’m so busy I haven’t been in my shop for 5 months but I can always use another tool!!

Jake Braitman
    Participant

Does the system work well for sharpening lots of chisels? Pretty repeatable?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Are you guys up for a pass around?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

-Clay

Jake Braitman
    Participant

I just ordered one today. If it is anything like my other wicked edge products I am sure it will work well. I will report my experience with it once I get it and have time to play with it.
    Thanks
    Jake

Richard Jackson
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 19

Jake,
    Any review or thoughts? I have some people that may be interested if I was to start sharpening chisels. Thanks!!

Take care and God Bless!
    Richard

Jake Braitman
    Participant

Hey Richard. I ended up returning it. It was well machined and worked well for my chisels but I wanted to use it for my handplanes as well. Many of my handplane blades didn’t fit in the jig. I also was not able to get an angle greater than 30 degrees. It might have been user error. I have a bunch of diamond plates already and felt that I would be better suited buying the veritas honing guide, which I can highly recommend. Wicked edges customer service was great and the jig was well made just maybe a little limited for me. I think it would be great if you only have chisels and small hand planes.

Raymond Parker
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I just got mine today. I do my chisels at 30 degrees, so that was fine. Next time I have it set up I’ll look into greater than 30. I used a angle-o-meter to set my angle, zeroing the meter on the plane and then setting the arm. I didn’t pay attention to the marks on the slider.

I, too, wish the jaw was wider. I clamp a bunch of stuff together to make a jig to do the planes, but now can scoot right through the chisels.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.