Advanced Search

New microscope

Recent Forums Main Forum New microscope

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 08/06/2019 at 3:22 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alan Ryder
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 8

I tried posting the other day but not sure it worked so sorry if this is a repeat. Anyone familiar with this scope? https://www.elecrow.com/digital-portable-1-600x-3-6mp-microscope-continuous-magnifier-with-4-3inch-hd-oled-display.html Hoping to get a different microscope that doesn’t need to be plugged into a computer. I take the sharpener with me slot and can’t always take a laptop with me. Any input of a appreciated. Thanks.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 839

I have no personal experience with that type of scope, but I’d be interested in your thoughts on it if you decide to get it. My suspicion is that it will be awkward to use because the screen is directly mounted on the scope itself. It doesn’t look like you can adjust the viewing angle of the screen independently from moving the scope.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarcH
    • Topics: 58
    • Replies: 1795

Alan, depending on the smart phone, or tablet you may have and the USB microscope model you may purchase, using an inexpensive adapter plug called OTG for “on the go”, you may be able to use the scope with your phone or tablet and not need a laptop.  I did this before I had a laptop.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-It)

1 user thanked author for this post.

Alan Ryder
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

Ok thanks. I may have to look into that. I have one that I have plugged into my computer but haven’t really played with it much. I make do with a loop so far.

Richard
    Participant
    • Replies: 62

I tried posting the other day but not sure it worked so sorry if this is a repeat. Anyone familiar with this scope? https://www.elecrow.com/digital-portable-1-600x-3-6mp-microscope-continuous-magnifier-with-4-3inch-hd-oled-display.html Hoping to get a different microscope that doesn’t need to be plugged into a computer. I take the sharpener with me slot and can’t always take a laptop with me. Any input of a appreciated. Thanks.

The problem I see is that you’d either have to hold the entire unit over the knife while it’s in the WE vice or remove the knife and place in on a table under the microscope which would really be a mistake.  Every time you remove the knife from the WE, you lose the integrity of the alignment unless you have a jig or something that would guarantee correct alignment all the time.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.