Advanced Search

new arms

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

You are correct! It is the best sharpener, but I didn’t want anyone to think I was a fanatic! 😉

Here is a small start for Aussies! A dealer down-under and there is one in New Zealand too!Slowly,slowly catches the monkey!! LOL!

http://www.sharpfection.com.au/home/

Regards
    Leo

Jerrie Barber
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Anyone know what the price of the Pro Pack II upgrade will cost, and what comes with the upgrade?

Thanks

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Not sure if this is official, but it ties in with other information I have read:

He goes through several diffeent options and ends up describing the Pro Pack 2.. and mentions pricing.

Phil

Charles Rich
    Participant
    • Replies: 16

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/wicked-edge-precision-knife-sharpeners/wicked-edge-pro-pack-ii/

That’s the only dealer that has the Pro Pack II on their site, I think.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Same description and pricing as the video… so we must have found a consensus…

🙂

Phil

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Anyone know what the price of the Pro Pack II upgrade will cost, and what comes with the upgrade?

Thanks

Clay posted ths a few pages back…

The new arms will be available on the website soon (as soon as I can get them photographed and added :)) at $120 without the angle cube and $155 with. Here are the benefits:

• Play in the joint is completely eliminated
    • Very smooth action
    • Micro-adjustment of angle of +/- .05 degrees (it’s finer than .05 degrees but we’re limited to what we can measure)
    • Ability to hit angles down to 13 degrees.
    Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Have the new arms always been sold separately as the Pro Pack II?

I ordered the Pro Pack I, Gen II; and had expected the new arms, and riser, but when I received it found out they were the older rod-arms and no riser. So now I have to spend another $120 to get the new arms and riser on top of the money already spent??? hmmmm….just say’in this is getting mighty expensive, since I really wanted to spend those extra dollar on leather strops and maybe even try out the ceramic stones.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

The new arms and riser are an upgrade… not a replacement to the current system. The Pro Pack II will be sold at a higher cost than the I.

There are plenty of examples… YouTube videos, posts, etc. of users getting outstanding edges with the original arms. Like it’s been mentioned elsewhere… some of the design of the new arms is for the OCD sharpeners. 🙂 My suggestion is to try the system you have now… and see if it meets your needs… and follow your original plan of getting additional strops and stones as needed.

D K
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 22

You do have to pay extra for the new arms as mentioned above. I must say that you are still getting an amazing product that is totally worth your money. Clay and his team makes a great product and is well worth every penny!

Jerrie Barber
    Participant
    • Replies: 20

I have been sharpening knives for well over 30 years. I have used ever type stone man made or natural and I will say that I can still get a knife “sharp” and continue doing so without the WEPS system. What I will say I’d that I have mor consistency with this system
    Than anything else I have ever used, and I do not have any Pro Pack II stuff. I can do the “hair drop” test with several of my knives and am
    Pleased with the results. That being said I have only had my WEPS Pro Pack I for a day or two over a month and my daughter is ordering me the upgrade because I sharpen for so many people and there would be a benefit to me on some of the sharpening I do. Do I need the upgrade? Nope but I see the benefit.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I had the issue with the sliders not …well sliding on the base rod on my WEPS. I fixed it by oepning up the slider. Not a good idea. So I called and talked to Clay. He said he would get me the new longer base rod AND a new set of sliders (the ones that I screwed up).

He was worried that I would be down … not able to sharpen. (Nice guy Clay). I told him that I would be just fine using my old rods (if neccessary, I can use the new ones that I butchered if I am careful) until I could get the new parts. This is the point of all of that I wrote above. I can get great edges, and have been for almost two years, with the original arms and joints. I don’t think that anyone absolutely needs the ball joint arms to make the sytem work excellently, though they are really, really nice. More stones and strops would likely be a better investment.

Phil

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Thanks for the advice, guys. Appreciate it very much and just want to let you know that I’ve been sharpening lot’s of knives with the old arms and they’ve turned out quite nice (and yes, very sharp). And there is definite play in them. But as to the upgrade, I think I’ll wait on them given the advice and get the leather stropes and stones first.

Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

I asked Clay about that when I ordered the Pro Pack 2 by phone. He said the Pro Pack 2 comes with both arms. When I asked why not just send the new arms, he said that the old ones could achieve a bit tighter angle. Can’t remember the difference in angles between the old and new arms. I will probably never use the old arms and in fact would probably prefer that they not be included to save me a few bucks, but currently that is not an option. I suppose in time when they sell their supply of old arms they will discontinue them and only offer the new arms (my guess).

I would be interested in knowing exactly what the difference in the results between the old and new arms if someone has that info, or maybe Clay could speak to this. There does seem to be a bit of confusion I think. I wanted all the stones included in the Pro Pack 2 and I believe there is a bundling discount that pretty much offsets the cost of the additional arms so it is probably not that big a deal that they send both, but I have to agree with others who felt it is a bit redundant.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.