Advanced Search

new arms

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

Hi guys!

Where you can get this new arms? I don’t see them in eshop on this website.

Lukas

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I had a chance to try the prototypes, and my answer would be it is much easier with the new arms to switch between stones of different thickness. For what you’re doing, I’d consider it a “must have”. The micro-adjustment works in a very controlled manner moving the arms in and out. You would need a way to measure the angle, which is where the digital guage comes in, but over time, you would probably “just know” what adjustment to make between stones… in other words moving from ceramic to Chosera = 1/2 turn out, Chosera to Shapton 1/4 turn in, etc. (Of course it would change over time with stone wear, so a periodic check would be needed).

This, in my opinion, is a big plus in making the system compatible with other stones, strops, etc. being made.

This sounds like the best thing to happen to knife sharpening since the original Wicked Edge…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

mamun1024
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

Call the customer service. They can take the order over the phone.

Wayne Nicklin
    Participant
    • Replies: 39

How much is the upgraded arm kit?

William Asmus
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

They are $120.00 plus shipping. I just ordered a set ,talk to Kyle.

mamun1024
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

They are $120.00 plus shipping. I just ordered a set ,talk to Kyle.

$120.00 + shipping is the cost without the digital angle cube. I cant remember the cost with the cube. I had bought mine already before ordering the upgrade.

Robert Borowski
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 23

rlbote=”wickededge” post=4466]Rlb – we got your package in today and tested them out. The new arms are just fine, it was the bar that was out of spec. We’re sending the parts back to you today with a new bar that we’ve tested.

so I just got the new arms today and I was super excited about them. However I have a problem. The new arms do not fit on the alignment bar. They get about half way through and stop. Then I try it from the other end and again it gets half way before it meets resistence again. Well I tried to force it on thinking it just may have had a little left over metal left on there from machining. Well not have have one jammed on the alignment bar.

Anybody have this problem. I will call WE tomorrow but I was hoping I was doing something dumb.

[/quote]

Hey clay,
    Got the package yesterday and everything fits. Pretty sweet! Thanks for taking care of it for me!!

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Replies: 944

I got the new arms today. I am having the same problem, but my arms only go on about half an inch and bind up… I was real unhappy!
    Well they did bind, I took a file to the inside of them (mostly just needed to remove some material from the top and bottom). Now they fit and slide OK. Trying to get them on did mess up the square bar though. Maybe I will call Monday to see about a replacement. I wish that I had come here and read what other were seeing, it would have saved me some work and frustration.

After getting them to fit, I really like the concept. Setting the angles takes about a tenth as long to 0.1 degree accuracy. The nut that locks the rod in makes a nice reference platform for the stones when setting angles too. No more washer needed.

They are a bit expensive, but long term they will save enought time and frustration to make them well worth it to me.

The rods are a bit bigger in diameter. The Subway straws no longer fit over them. Of course, with the larger diameter, the straws aren’t as critical. There just is not that much slop now.

Phil

Chris
    Participant
    • Replies: 351

Is it possible to get these arms posted to Australia.

Wickededge is a beautiful thing, I’m now addicted.

Thanks from downunder!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Phil,
    Please do call about a replacement bar, we’ll get one right out to you!

I got the new arms today. I am having the same problem, but my arms only go on about half an inch and bind up… I was real unhappy!
    Well they did bind, I took a file to the inside of them (mostly just needed to remove some material from the top and bottom). Now they fit and slide OK. Trying to get them on did mess up the square bar though. Maybe I will call Monday to see about a replacement. I wish that I had come here and read what other were seeing, it would have saved me some work and frustration.

After getting them to fit, I really like the concept. Setting the angles takes about a tenth as long to 0.1 degree accuracy. The nut that locks the rod in makes a nice reference platform for the stones when setting angles too. No more washer needed.

They are a bit expensive, but long term they will save enought time and frustration to make them well worth it to me.

The rods are a bit bigger in diameter. The Subway straws no longer fit over them. Of course, with the larger diameter, the straws aren’t as critical. There just is not that much slop now.

Phil

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

Hi Clay,
    I have heard you are the most helpful person, so I ask again.
    I just received my WickedEdge in Australia and am hoping to get the new arms.
    How can I achieve this?

For now, I might replace the arm pin with a screw and tap one hole.
    I assume the pins are just pressed in.
    Did you do this mod or was it just something I found on the net?

The Subway straws are a different size in Australia too. 😉

I am amazed at the results I can achieve in such a limited time.
    A former Lansky user.
    Much to learn, so glad I bought this.
    Everyone over here needs to know about this secret weapon.

Hope you find time to reply.
    Enjoying reading the forums and scouring the net for more info.

Thankyou so much.
    Billabong

Brian Ledford
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 14

I just placed my order for a set of these. Can`t wait to try them out.

Robert Borowski
    Participant
    • Replies: 23

Hey guys before anyone orders these you really should check to see if their currents arm bar is in spec.

To do this just look from the front so you are looking at the sides with the holes. You know you will need a new bar if you see a belly under the bar pointing toward the wood or whatever you have it mounted on. It appears that when the holes were pressed it pushed the metal out toward the bottom side of the bar. The new arms will not slide past this protrusion!

If you see this when you call WE to order make sure you tell them and ask for them to send a new bar.

Just trying to prevent another disappointing new toy unboxing!

Good luck!

Chris
    Participant

Hey guys before anyone orders these you really should check to see if their currents arm bar is in spec.

To do this just look from the front so you are looking at the sides with the holes. You know you will need a new bar if you see a belly under the bar pointing toward the wood or whatever you have it mounted on.
    Good luck!

This is very obvious in M0DiFiEDZ new YouTube video he released yesterday.

“Installing the New Wicked Edge Ball Joint Arms”

Here is a pic from that.

edit – Made pic visible!

Attachments:
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Replies: 944

I wish I had seen that video befor I “fixed” my new arms. I filed the INSIDE of the slider to make them fit.
    Took a bunch of work, but finally they would slide the entire length of the rod. Problem is, now they rock a bit changing the angle …if I am not careful. I can use them, but have to pay attention to tightening the set screw very well and not torquing the bottom of the joint to the outside.

The upside to this is that I talked to Clay and he is going to replace the bar and the sliders. I fully expected to pay for a new set of sliders, as it was my bad decision that screwed them up. Instead the WEPS policy of unconditionally standing behind their gear saved my butt.

Clay has said that he would replace the base bar for everyone that had bought the PRO II or upgrade arms with the recalibrated longer bar. I am not sure how much more we can ask for.

I guess it is good for folks to have a heads up on the issue… just in case. I know that I was a bit disillusioned when I could not install my new arms…

Phil

Phil

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.