Advanced Search

new arms

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

We already got your order, it’s going out tomorrow. 🙂

Mine’s back ordered….. 🙁 Waited too long….

Ken

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The next batch isn’t too far out 🙂

Mine’s back ordered….. 🙁 Waited too long….

Ken[/quote]

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

The built-in angle cube isn’t ready for release yet. We’re offering angle cubes to go with the upgraded arms. I think it will still be another 12 weeks or more before we have some handles with the cubes built in.

Sweet Clay! My order will be along presently! Built in angle cube eh!!! Wow! How ingenious my friend.

Best regards
    Leo

Built in angle cube??? I didn’t think so. I believe it is a separate device. Correct me if I’m wrong please.[/quote]

-Clay

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

The next batch isn’t too far out 🙂

I know. I think she said 2-3 weeks. It’s fine, Clay and I’m really happy they are selling so well.

Ken

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Leo,

Sweet Clay! My order will be along presently! Built in angle cube eh!!! Wow! How ingenious my friend.

Best regards
    Leo

[/quote]

Huh!!! Wha!

Leo

mamun1024
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

Got it.
    Great idea!!

For a sec, I thought I ordered the wrong upgrade.

The built-in angle cube isn’t ready for release yet. We’re offering angle cubes to go with the upgraded arms. I think it will still be another 12 weeks or more before we have some handles with the cubes built in.

Best regards
    Leo

Built in angle cube??? I didn’t think so. I believe it is a separate device. Correct me if I’m wrong please.[/quote][/quote]

wickededge
    Keymaster

Rlb – we got your package in today and tested them out. The new arms are just fine, it was the bar that was out of spec. We’re sending the parts back to you today with a new bar that we’ve tested.

so I just got the new arms today and I was super excited about them. However I have a problem. The new arms do not fit on the alignment bar. They get about half way through and stop. Then I try it from the other end and again it gets half way before it meets resistence again. Well I tried to force it on thinking it just may have had a little left over metal left on there from machining. Well not have have one jammed on the alignment bar.

Anybody have this problem. I will call WE tomorrow but I was hoping I was doing something dumb.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Here are a couple of pictures of the new riser and joints:

-Clay

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

OMG! Clay, they are a work of art too, engineering aside. I am impressed in more ways than one, not just the arms. I am so touched I can’t speak. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Very warmest regards
    Leo

Ralph Honeycutt
    Participant
    • Replies: 24

Received the new arms this evening. The left side arm does not fit. The arm stops before 26 degrees. I tried using some emory cloth on the left side of the bar which did nothing. I thought about using my 60/80 grit diamond paddles on the bar, but decided to post this message instead. Will call Kyle, Kay or Clay tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ralph

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

This is absolutely uebercool. Yes, it sure looks like a work of engineering art :cheer: :cheer:

• Micro-adjustment of angle of +/- .05 degrees (it’s finer than .05 degrees but we’re limited to what we can measure)

Does this mean we can mix stones much easier than now (i.e., much easier readjusting of the angle)? For example, one of the progressions I do now is diamond stones -> ceramic stones (same thickness) -> Choseras (thicker) -> Shaptons (again another thickness) -> home-made strops (very thin). This works great, but it is a bit of a hassle to change angles every time and be precise < .5 degrees. Will it now become easier to change the angles and be precise < .05 degrees?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Very nice!!

Does this mean we can mix stones much easier than now (i.e., much easier readjusting of the angle)? For example, one of the progressions I do now is diamond stones -> ceramic stones (same thickness) -> Choseras (thicker) -> Shaptons (again another thickness) -> home-made strops (very thin). This works great, but it is a bit of a hassle to change angles every time and be precise < .5 degrees. Will it now become easier to change the angles and be precise < .05 degrees?

I had a chance to try the prototypes, and my answer would be it is much easier with the new arms to switch between stones of different thickness. For what you're doing, I'd consider it a "must have". The micro-adjustment works in a very controlled manner moving the arms in and out. You would need a way to measure the angle, which is where the digital guage comes in, but over time, you would probably "just know" what adjustment to make between stones… in other words moving from ceramic to Chosera = 1/2 turn out, Chosera to Shapton 1/4 turn in, etc. (Of course it would change over time with stone wear, so a periodic check would be needed).

This, in my opinion, is a big plus in making the system compatible with other stones, strops, etc. being made.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Ralph,

It looks like we might have a certain number of the Base Rods that were slightly larger than spec and you might have one. We’ll get a new one on the way to you today.

–Clay

Received the new arms this evening. The left side arm does not fit. The arm stops before 26 degrees. I tried using some emory cloth on the left side of the bar which did nothing. I thought about using my 60/80 grit diamond paddles on the bar, but decided to post this message instead. Will call Kyle, Kay or Clay tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ralph

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

I thought about using my 60/80 grit diamond paddles on the bar…

Ralph

You could do that, or grab it with some pliers and set it on a belt grinder to take the stock down, but that is a lot of hassle you don’t need to go through. I’ll make sure your new rod gets to you quickly.

-Clay

Ralph Honeycutt
    Participant
    • Replies: 24

Clay, Thanks for the quick reply. I just spoke with Kay and she is taking care of this. I will probably want to get the next upgrade with angle cube feature when available.

Thanks again,

Ralph

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.