Advanced Search

Nearly new Wicked Edge BROKEN

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Nearly new Wicked Edge BROKEN

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Travis Santelmann
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5

Guys I have had my Wicked Edge WE50/GO for about 10 days. I bought it brand new, I love the system, and I can get my knives crazy sharp in about 20 minutes, with beautiful factory looking even bevels. I’m sharpening S110V and it comes out scary sharp. Last night I noticed my knives were not getting tight in the jaws of the wicked edge. So, I took the knife out and realized it had broke completely, it pulled the metal right out of the jaw it’s self. Now I’m stuck, I use my knives rigorously at work. And I must sharpen them daily sometimes every other day.

I wish Wicked Edge would mail me some new jaws for my WE50.

I attached he’s a photo of my broken jaws.

Attachments:
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Call Wicked Edge on Monday. Their customer service is second to none and they will take care of you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Travis Santelmann
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

Call Wicked Edge on Monday. Their customer service is second to none and they will take care of you.

</p>
    Very glad to hear this! I will do that, I filed a claim ticket for customer support last night with pictures of my receipt, and the damage.

Hopefully they just send me some new jaws, as my stones are broken in now.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Looks like the counterbore was maybe too deep.  It should take a heck of a lot of torque applied to the lower screw to cause that.  I wonder if that aircraft aluminum is supposed to be annealed?  I’ve seen vises with the top part bent, but never one like this.  Whatever went wrong, WE will make it right.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Travis Santelmann
    Participant

Wicked Edge handled this like a PRO! I called, a real person answered the phone. They were reviewing the photos while I was on the phone. And they mailed a new clamp/Jaw today! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

The WE team has a stellar record of superb customer service.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    James
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 13

Being a new owner of one myself this is very pleasing to here. Glad they took care of you, and thanks for the update.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.