Advanced Search

My modification after first five minutes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kelly Curtis
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

As soon as I started going to town an hour after the UPS man drove away, I was all over the place with the arm joint moving. I have seen some people try and take away slop with straws and other means, but I used what was laying on my desk. I literally had taken a dozen swipes on the blade, and looked around to see what I could use to keep the arms upright and took three rubber bands and linked them, ran it under the base, and put them around each joint. This gives reverse tension on the black plastic link and keeps it upright the entire time. I hand’t seen this done so I’m just throwing it out there. Only downfall is when you switch paddles and have to make sure they roll back onto the black link. It’s just a thought I had to make the awkward motion a little easier until I could get used to it.

Kelly Curtis
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

Hold on, trying to load pictures.

For some reason they are upside down. You get the idea, though.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

interesting… i’ve done a lot of mods to mine too, but not that one! hehe, whatever works for you bro 😉

i actually used screws for the joints so i can tighten them to precise tolerances and now the play is all but completely eliminated… also had someone make me new rods that are slightly larger diameter, so they fit the paddles much better now

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Haven’t seen that one yet! Thanks for sharing! I haven’t actually made any mods to my arms as I haven’t found them to be necessary for me. It is great to see what everyone else is doing though as everyone is going to find something different that works for them

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

Great idea !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.