Advanced Search

My first knife on the Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies My first knife on the Wicked Edge

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gary Crumb
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 119

But this interests me. How do you solve touch ups? And when you buy new diamonds, how do you place them between existing worn off stones?

Best way I’ve found is to use a marker(sharpie) along the edge as an indicator so you can adjust exactly to the existing bevel. I know I’m not alone in this and it’s a valuable tip for many sharpeners.

Just take a marker and run it down the bevel until you color the entire bevel black. Then its just a matter of a few strokes of the ceramics, adjusting your angle on the rods, until you can see the entire bevel is being hit by the stones(all the black is gone). HTH

Xbander
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 68

I agree with you – full progression is quite time consuming.
    As for touch up, mine varies, if it is a kitchen knife I look at the remaining edge and take my best guess what grit to start at, knowing I am not after a razor edge, just a good edge. If it is like my EDC which is a small Sebenza 21 I never let it get that dull, most of the time starting with 1200 / 1600. Ceramic 5K / 10K Choseras then strop it out.

Do want to Thank You for sharing your 8 month observations. You brought out some good points !

James

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.