Advanced Search

Model Recommendation

Recent Forums Wicked Edge GO Model Recommendation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I need something to sharpen kitchen knives and pocket knives — nothing major. I had a Lansky, but never liked it. So now I’m looking at the Wicked Edge Go and the other models like the 120 and 130. Cost is somewhat of a factor, so if I can get by okay with the Go, I’d prefer to keep it simple and as inexpensive as possible. Anybody have experience with the various models?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Patrick.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Patrick.  I suggest you read “The Wicked Edge Shopper’s and Buyer’s Guide: Fall 2018”, forum thread.  It’s the top post on the “Recent” forum page.  There’s a lot of helpful information compiled there along with some of the history behind the different Wicked Edge models and their evolution and development.  I hope you find this helpful.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

I just bought (2 weeks ago) the WE120 with an additional 800/1000 stone for that same purpose.  Made the base from a 2×12 scrap..

Good luck with what you choose

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

I need something to sharpen kitchen knives and pocket knives — nothing major. I had a Lansky, but never liked it. So now I’m looking at the Wicked Edge Go and the other models like the 120 and 130. Cost is somewhat of a factor, so if I can get by okay with the Go, I’d prefer to keep it simple and as inexpensive as possible. Anybody have experience with the various models?

Every model W.E. has the same capacity to sharpen a knife just as well; sharp and polished.  The more expensive models include more user adjustibility features for increased user control, and allow you to sharpen knives easier with their more advanced clamping systems.  The more expensive models generally include a wider variety of sharpening and polishing mediums and other accessories.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.