Advanced Search

Microscope

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Microscope

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ken vanderhamm
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 7

Any suggestions for the “best” usb microscope? I have seen some on Ebay that claim to be 700x for only $35.00 to $60.00 Also, is it best to get the highest power or should I stay under 200x?? Thanks for the help in advance,

Ken
    http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Waterproof-Microscope-Magnifier-Inspection/dp/B00EH9Y3LW

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

You’ll get some brand advice here. I’ve got a VEHO 400x, it works, but maybe it’s not the best.

My advice: don’t focus on the magnification (which is doubful anyway). 200 x is more than enough if you want to take photographs. And if you just want to examine an edge, a cheap 60 x (non-USB) microscope is enough. It’s the ability to focus at a short distance that’s most important.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Most of the USB’s will focus at two magnification while using the face as the focal plane. The higher mag is always harder to use and keep in focus as the depth of field is so small. I have the Celestron 5MP hand-held and use it at about 50X, as shown on my 21″ widescreen monitor.

The really cheap ‘scopes invariably have really bad software.

Here’s my video:

otaku19
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 10
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Actually, that image looks bigger than 50X. Is that the digital zoom they claim?

otaku19
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 10

Actually, that image looks bigger than 50X. Is that the digital zoom they claim?

It is. That’s as far as it would adjust. I didn’t even know that it would magnify that much until I saw a video 😆

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I use the same Plugable model. It is 50x/200x. It works well. I use it with a USB to Go adapter on my smart phone.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.