Advanced Search

Magnetic 3d Printed Paddles

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS Magnetic 3d Printed Paddles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Colby B
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5

Has anyone tried something like this? I’ve searched the forums but can’t seem to find any commentary.

This would allow you to use cheaper diamonds and keep from buying multiple sets of paddles you may rarely use.

Handles for Knife Sharpening Systems Compatible With Wicked – Etsy

Amazon.com: 10Pcs Diamond Knife Sharpening Stones Set, 80#200#400#500#600#800#1000#1500#2000#3000 Grit, Diamond Whetstones with a Non-Slip Base for Ruixin Sharpener, Knife Sharpener for Kitchen Outdoor: Home & Kitchen

Handles for Knife Sharpening Systems Compatible with Wicked image 1

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I shy away from magnets when steel dust is involved. If the stones aren’t sized to fit the printed handles properly they can slide and shift on the magnets while sharpening.

The Etsy handles hold one stone per each handle for $25/pair. I’m not sure which stone brands are compatible with those printed handles.  The Ruixin stone sets are only 1 stone in each grit. You’ll need two sets in order to make grit pairs for your WEPS. The Ruixin stones don’t appear to be a compatible size to these printed handles. Another consideration is the tolerance of the WEPS proprietary diameter guide rods in these printed handles.

The WEPS handles hold two different grits per handle for $25. They are designed for the proprietary sized WEPS stones. I have no complaints with the quality and longevity of the WEPS diamond stones. They wear well and last a good long time. I’d rather not forgo my sharpening outcomes with a less expensive, poorer quality alternative.

There is a similar type of accessory marketed to allow the use of 1″ X 6″ Edge Pro style stones with WE models. I don’t know how well they work: https://www.gritomatic.com/products/le-series-6-stone-holders-for-wicked-edge-set-of-2

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Colby B
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5

Universal Stone Holders for Wicked Edge (Set of 2)

also pricey but discovered these as well

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Except for things that I buy from WE forum members, I only buy Wicked Edge stones and accessories. I’m very happy with them and ‘cheaper’ has never been an issue with me. I learned a long time ago not to chase cheaper. It was almost always a waste of money, and I regretted it. I’m very surprised that Clay has been able to keep the prices down as low as he has given what we’ve been through the last few years. He must be a heck of a businessman!
    I don’t mean to sound like a jerk or anything. Maybe I’m just an old fart that is set in his ways.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I received this Gritomatic Stone holder pair for WEPS today:

https://www.gritomatic.com/products/le-series-6-stone-holders-for-wicked-edge-set-of-2

The guide rods bore holes were inconsistent from handle to handle. I gentle used a 17/64″ drill to slightly resize the holes. It worked great. Now the accessory stone holders will work well with the standard W.E. guide rods, as they’re designed. The stone holders tightly and securely clamp and hold 1″ × 6″ Edge Pro style stones and other available media.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.