Advanced Search

Low Angle Accessory

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Low Angle Accessory

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

I think that there exists a method for low(er) angle sharpening. Clay has the riser which drops the minimum down a couple of degrees. It is part of the Pro Pack II and comes with the new Heim Joint arm set.
    Not sure if the piece is yet being sold individually or not. If you give Kyle or Kay a call, possibly they could set you up.

Just a thought.
    Phil

mamun1024
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

I think that there exists a method for low(er) angle sharpening. Clay has the riser which drops the minimum down a couple of degrees. It is part of the Pro Pack II and comes with the new Heim Joint arm set.
    Not sure if the piece is yet being sold individually or not. If you give Kyle or Kay a call, possibly they could set you up.

Just a thought.
    Phil

Hi Phil, I did upgrade to the new arms and riser but I need the angle to go even lower. Clay has been working on something extra to do just that.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

OK.. trying to be helpful!

Just curious, what are you sharpening at those low angles?

Phil

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Phil

Don’t know about Mamum, but I’m looking at scandi grinds.
    Would love to see 11 or under.

mamun1024
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

Phil

Phil, I know and I appriciate it.

I have few knives with Asymmetrical edge, the blade edge down the left side is flat ground (around 9-11 deg.)and the right side is convex ground (around 40-45 deg.).

Both of these extreme angle ranges are not available with the current WEP offerings. I might be able to get the larger angle with a longer base rod (Clay is checking on it) but the low angles needs some magic from Clay. Hopefully his adapter or some solution will be ready soon….

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.