Advanced Search

I've been away too long!

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic I've been away too long!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

It’s been much too long since I hung out on the forum, just figured out that it has been over 2 weeks since my last visit. We did a Black Friday sale for the first time ever and were completely swamped! We’re finally starting to dig out of the hole a little. It’s great to jump on here and see all the conversations that have been going on. There are way too many people that have made wonderful contributions to thank individually in this post, so thank you to everyone! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I spatchcocked our turkey this year, which was an idea that I got from you guys here on the forum, and it went great. We had a monstrous “birdzilla” weighing in at 28 lbs because we hosted 25 family members and friends. It came out beautifully using the spatchcock method, so thank you guys. One of the coolest things was that it was finished in just over 3 hours which is pretty amazing. I picked up some remote temperature probes so it was really easy to know when it had reached the perfect temperature. Did anyone else use the spatchcock method this year?

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’m glad to hear that the sale generated lots of revenue for your great company.

I did not spatchcock any turkey this year. Instead I made sweet and sour chicken for Thanksgiving.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NotSharpEnuff
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 120

Clay,

I have spatchcocked our Turkey the last three years.  We get a free Turkey from work and it is usually right at 15 lbs.  Took less than 90 minutes and came out perfect.

Ed K.

NotSharpEnuff
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 120

Hope all had a good Turkey day.

Attachments:
    Travis Johnston
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 21

Thats a 21 pound spatched bird on top and a bone in breast spatched on the bottom rack. I had to pull the wiongs off the top bird and put them on the lower rack to get it to fit. Egg full of birds done in less than 3 hours indirect at 325 degrees.

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.