Advanced Search

i like to ask and get opinions – here is another

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies i like to ask and get opinions – here is another

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

The handle looks nice. What does the other side look like. Might be nicer if you could use different fasteners. Or, to make it easier on the hands, countersink the ones you have on there now. Are you going to finish the wood with something? What kind of wood is that?

The Messermeister, well it is much, much better, but the deal with the scallops will make the edge weird…and the recurve..
    Well I guess it will cut well enough ..
    for whacking weeds…
    :S :silly:
    Not being critical of the work you did so much as commenting on what you had to work with to begin with.
    Seriously, I would assign it to garage and yard duties.. But then, I would have pitched it to begin with.

Maybe the customer will not care. Anyone that does that kind of damage to a knife is not likely a blade expert.

Would you tell us what you are charging for the repair?

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Tuffy,
    I am very grateful for the video of the scissors. 😛 I have been wondering since you said that you use your portable Dremel? You said in the vid that you use a little extra care for the nicer scissors? I would love to know what that is? :huh:
    Next question for you? Are you still happy with your new way of doing the serrated knives? I believe you got the hone from CKTG? I believe you have the DMT files for serrated at least I think I remember you saying you have them? Do you still use them for small serrations or just use the hone completely?
    I am trying to make myself portable as well. :whistle: If I stay on track I too should soon be doing the local Farmers Market? There are also a few more in the surrounding towns that I would like to try and get in? 😉
    As always thank you so much for taking the time to help! And as my new friend always says “Good Luck” :cheer:
    Eamon

Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

Very nice job on that wrecked knife.
    The handle came out great, but as mentioned, I would’ve counter sunk the hardware if possible.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Great job on the Messermeister… if they use it properly (although the damage suggests they don’t) sharpening into the scallops isn’t that big a deal.

Handle looks good too. My .02… I’m not sure countersinking the screws is that big a deal… if it was used in a “high use” environment, it would matter… but I suspect this knife probably gets used for a few minutes and put away. Certainly better that what they had haha.

Thanks for the followup.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Looks good! I knew you could do it 🙂 thanks for the update!

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Nice job on the handle!

The Messermeister will work, but I look at it from a business perspective of time and $ and ultimate worth.
    For example, really beat up serrateds.
    Sure, can put on new individual serrations if its absolutely what they want, but let them know a brand new Dexter 8″ is all of $6.95, 10″ $15.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

Tuffy,
    I am very grateful for the video of the scissors. 😛 I have been wondering since you said that you use your portable Dremel? You said in the vid that you use a little extra care for the nicer scissors? I would love to know what that is? :huh:
    Next question for you? Are you still happy with your new way of doing the serrated knives? I believe you got the hone from CKTG? I believe you have the DMT files for serrated at least I think I remember you saying you have them? Do you still use them for small serrations or just use the hone completely?
    I am trying to make myself portable as well. :whistle: If I stay on track I too should soon be doing the local Farmers Market? There are also a few more in the surrounding towns that I would like to try and get in? 😉
    As always thank you so much for taking the time to help! And as my new friend always says “Good Luck” :cheer:
    Eamon

you are correct on the ceramic rod….from mark.
    dmt diamond files….coarse and fine…………..i hatem, but do still use for small.
    whole foods 2nd gig tomorrow – stand by

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

The expert.

i am thinking 16 bucks – 8 for grinding and 8 for sharpening.

what u think?

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

The expert.

i am thinking 16 bucks – 8 for grinding and 8 for sharpening.

what u think?[/quote]

def. sounds fair to me! bet that took a little while =)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.