Advanced Search

Hex head thumbscrews?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hex head thumbscrews?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mike
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 7

Does anyone know where I could get some hex head thumbscrews to replace the original thumbscrews that lock the arms on the angle bar? I’d like to be able to lock them down tighter. I’ve seen this modification on a few youtube videos, even went to Lowes to try and source some 5/32 hex head bolts that would fit, but the threads seemed off and it would not work.

If anyone know of a source for this item, could you please post a link or PM me?

Thanks!

Mike

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Does anyone know where I could get some hex head thumbscrews to replace the original thumbscrews that lock the arms on the angle bar? I’d like to be able to lock them down tighter. I’ve seen this modification on a few youtube videos, even went to Lowes to try and source some 5/32 hex head bolts that would fit, but the threads seemed off and it would not work.

If anyone know of a source for this item, could you please post a link or PM me?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Call us on Monday: 877-616-9911 and we’ll send you some.

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Call WE and they will send them. I did for both the bar screws and fine adjust.

I use the hex head screws to lock to the bar. The original ones I could not get tight enough by hand and they kept coming loose.

For the set screws that lock the fine adjust on the upgrade arms I got the screws with the plastic tips to protect the treads on the fine adjust arms.

mike
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 7

Thanks!

Mike

Mike,

Call us on Monday: 877-616-9911 and we’ll send you some.[/quote]

That’s fantastic! Thank you very much. Loving my Pro Pack 1.

Marco
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Hello, I would also be interested in a couple if the offer still stands.
    I have to confess that I use my WE130 pro pack 3 for its “mobility” and lost one in the process.
    I’ve looked for them in many places but couldn’t find any.

I would really appreciate your help.

Sharpenly yours
    Marc

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Private message sent to you.

BTW: these are 10-32 thread, (not 5-32, like the post above stated)

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    rummels
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 34

I am not sure I understand what is being asked for in this thread.  Aren’t a “hex head” and a “thumbscrew” two different things?

If this is what the question is asking about, this is what I did to be able to tighten the L-Brackets on the degree bar.

I replaced the thumbscrews on the L-brackets with plastic 9/16” knurled knobs from MSC Industrial Supply (part # 06172308) that come with female metal inserts that are threaded to #10/32, the same threading as the L-brackets.  Next I had the heads removed from one inch #10/32 socket-head cap screws, and had points machined onto the ends of the cap screws at 45 degrees to match the points on the original thumbscrews.  Finally I screwed the cap screws into the plastic knobs with a little epoxy to make sure they stayed put.

These thumbscrews never loosen up on me.

WE130-With-Custom-Micro-Adjusters-1-2

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by rummels.
    Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Hex-insert-Thumb-Screws-10-32

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.