Advanced Search

Help with mounting Spyderco full flat grind knives

Recent Forums Main Forum Help with mounting Spyderco full flat grind knives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    michael
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I’ve been working all of my “junk” knives for a few weeks now and I’m ready to re-profile/polish some of my favorite blades.  I’ve got the Pro Pack 1 with some additional stones.

I can’t seem to get my Spyderco knives with a full flat grind to hold securely in the clamp.  I’ve watched quite a few videos and spoke with Kyle here at WE.  As recommended I’ve tried taping the forward half of each side of the clamp with: double sided tape, painters tape, electric tape, & moleskin.  I’ve tried the bottom depth key, top depth key, and just on the spine (nearest the heel but still on the grind).  I can get it to stop moving front/back, but I can’t keep it from moving from side/side (obviously the most critical to maintaining the proper angle).

I saw a video by Clay with a clamp that was split down the center (comes with Pro Pack 3 or upgrade kits).  I’m just you average home enthusiast,  I hope there’s a simply solution that doesn’t require a $400 upgrade.

This is driving me nuts… Can someone point me in the direction of some useful topics and/or videos?

Thanks in advance

-Michael

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by michael.
    Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

This may help.

Easiest way to clamp FFG blades

3 users thanked author for this post.
    michael
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

This may help.

Easiest way to clamp FFG blades

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Easiest way to clamp FFG blades” — Wicked Edge Precision Knife Sharpener” src=”https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/easiest-way-to-clamp-ffg-blades/embed/#?secret=hyBhMKhQM4&#8243; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”hyBhMKhQM4″ data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe>

Thanks Mikedoh, I’ll check it out

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Forum Michael.  Here is a YouTube Video I hope may help

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.