Advanced Search

Greetings from Columbus — and request for posting helplp

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Greetings from Columbus — and request for posting helplp

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tom_G
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

Hi All,

I am a new Wicked Edge owner/user and have found that this forum offers a wealth if information and guidance!  Thanks!!

I could use some help though.  I have made a post under  another  topic, — but I have found that I am not allowed to add pictures/jpegs to posts.  If I try using the ‘add media’ button,  I am steered to an ‘add media’ page, where I can select an item from my computer.  Once I select an image,  I am sent to a Media Library page (which is full of images) and  my image seems to  upload,  BUT after the upload seems to transpire near the left top corner, it tells me:

“Sorry, you are not allowed to attach files to this post.”

And no image is added to the collection.  Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong, or what else I need to do?  Adding ‘attachments’  seems to work, but I would really like to have an inline image in my next post.  I seem to be able to add images that other had previously uploaded somehow, but that doesn’t help much…

Puzzled,

Tom-G

Attachments:
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Tom_G, I tried to figure out your issue and inadvertently added an image to your post, above…sorry about that. I could not delete the photo that got attached.

After you click add media, then add it to all the images, and click it so it’s marked with a check mark in the square, on the image. Then down at the lower right of the page, click “insert in post”. Hope this helps.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Tom_G
    Participant

Marc H,

Thanks for answering.  But the issue is that I am never offered that second step. (i.e. click it so it’s marked with a check mark in the square”) I can try to add my image to the image gallery, but it fails and tells me: “Sorry, you are not allowed to attach files to this post.”  Since it never makes it tot he gallery, I cannot insert it in the post.

I can see in the gallery that -you- put in the gallery, and can add that, but my own image do not upload.

Tom

Marc H

If the image file is on your device, down at the bottom left of the page you can click “Select file” in the greyed out box. That will allow you to select the file from your device. After added the file at the bottom, you can click on insert in post to include the photo in your post.

I’m guessing this would have been the way you attached the pdf on the first post you made to this forum, last week.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

NotSharpEnuff
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 120

Tom_G,

I had trouble when the image size was over the limit.  I don’t remember getting an error that said “image too big.”

That said, I now use the free software Gimp to resize my images before uploading.

Ed K.

Tom_G
    Participant

Success — but I have to add it as an attachment, then post, then insert as media in a new post, then delete original post with the attachment.

Not sure this is how its supposed to work, but thanks for the help!!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Tom_G.
    Marc H

Tom_G

I see the white outline of a chef’s knife on a black backround. There are words down the right side border that are cut off.

Is there an explanation or question along with the image?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Tom_G
    Participant

Nope its just a trial posting.  The image is of a cell phone picture of a knife that has been subjected to an edge finding program  as a first step toward converting it into x,y numbers for analysis.   Those letters you see are  whats printed on the red folder I used as a background,  The edge find does pretty well with those.

Thanks again for the help  — Tom

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Can’t help with IT problems, but welcome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.