Advanced Search

Gen 3 Pro Base modification question.

Recent Forums Main Forum Gen 3 Pro Base modification question.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tommie
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 29

Well, I’m not sure if it’s the height of the Gen 3 Pro or what, but after my first attempt at sharpening yesterday afternoon, I had a heck of a back ache right between my shoulders running up the back of my neck. Will removing the storage shelf and lowering the unit down help with this? I’ve seen many pics and videos where people had done this mod. If so, does the top of the Gen 3 Pro just drop down onto the bottom of the base and use the top bolts to reinstall or do I have get more/different bolts to remount it?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’ve got conversion kit available though we haven’t listed it for sale yet on the website. You can send me an email and I can tell you about it.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I’d be interested in seeing that conversion kit.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’d be interested in seeing that conversion kit.

We’ll try to get the images and instructions ready ASAP for everyone.

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Tommie
    Participant

Well, if it will keep my back from hurting, I’m ready to convert! I would like to be able to enjoy this hobby and not hurt every time I use the Gen 3 Pro. Not sure how to email you Clay. What email address? Or PM?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve owned five pickup trucks in my lifetime and they all did the same thing to me after extended periods of driving.  It was caused by holding my arms relatively high, as compared to driving an automobile and may have been exacerbated by the upright seating position.  It was as though someone was stabbing me high in the back, just below my shoulder, and I’m not exaggerating about the pain.

I sit at my workstation on a pneumatic piston office chair.  If you have one, jack it up as far as you can to see if it helps.

I dismantled my Gen 3 Pro, and remounted the system on the base, without the shelves.  I don’t recall needing to make any modifications.  I found it much more comfortable.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lay
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 27

I just placed it on top of a really low table and called it a day 😀

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

My problem is that I purchased my workbench before I bought my Gen 3, now I’m forced to stand while sharpening which is also a pain.  I’d be interested as well in seeing a conversion kit.  Either way, I know I’m going to have to mount it to something.

Tommie
    Participant

Well I finished a knife this morning and started on another. By noon, my back was hurting pretty bad. Sent Clay a PM but haven’t heard back from him. Looks like a conversion kit would be a popular item. I want one yesterday. 😆

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Tommie.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.