Advanced Search

Forum will be temporarily unavailable 2/6 around 9:30 pm MST

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Forum Usability Notes and Requests Forum will be temporarily unavailable 2/6 around 9:30 pm MST

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

The evening of 2/6/2018, starting around 9:30 pm MST, the forum will be temporarily unavailable. You’ll see a “site is under maintenance’ page for some period of time, as the DNS records are changed to point to our new wordpress hosting.

We’re doing this to prevent any new topics or new users getting ‘stranded’ on the old server. We take a database backup right when we put up the maintenance page, then load it into the new server, and then everything will be there once the DNS records start sending traffic to the new server.

Knock on wood, this will all go smoothly…

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

6 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Chris:  Since the change was made, I’m seeing a quirk in the list of recent posts.  At the very top will be a post which is several days old.  Below that, the listed posts seem to be correctly ordered.  Anybody else seeing this?

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

I think  the topic about finding the sweet spot got ‘pinned’ which keeps it at the top, until unpinned.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I think the topic about finding the sweet spot got ‘pinned’ which keeps it at the top, until unpinned.

It was suggested that I pin it by some new users.  I can remove the pin if there are objections.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.