Advanced Search

DOES THIS MEAN I AM MAKING PROGRESS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

I started out and I could test the knives with my fingertips. I am now learning not to do that, it seems stuff cuts very fast ( my skin ) before I know it! I just now cut myself 2X.  I think Im making progress, heh.  Moral of the story, don’t run your fingertips on the blade?  ‘

I would also like to give beginners a tip, be patient take your time.  as the weeks go buy, you will discover your knives will be getting sharper and sharper.  And you will understand why.  I like to read / watch about 10 video’s to every knife I sharpen, take your time , and enjoy

3 users thanked author for this post.
    378pete
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 19

I started out and I could test the knives with my fingertips. I am now learning not to do that, it seems stuff cuts very fast ( my skin ) before I know it! I just now cut myself 2X. I think Im making progress, heh. Moral of the story, don’t run your fingertips on the blade? ‘ I would also like to give beginners a tip, be patient take your time. as the weeks go buy, you will discover your knives will be getting sharper and sharper. And you will understand why. I like to read / watch about 10 video’s to every knife I sharpen, take your time , and enjoy

That the right of passage.  We have all gone through that.

Keep Band aids handy!!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Andybrock
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 8

I started out and I could test the knives with my fingertips. I am now learning not to do that, it seems stuff cuts very fast ( my skin ) before I know it! I just now cut myself 2X. I think Im making progress, heh. Moral of the story, don’t run your fingertips on the blade? ‘ I would also like to give beginners a tip, be patient take your time. as the weeks go buy, you will discover your knives will be getting sharper and sharper. And you will understand why. I like to read / watch about 10 video’s to every knife I sharpen, take your time , and enjoy

I can relate to that, spend hours watching knife sharpening videos!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.