Advanced Search

(Dis)assembling Pro pack 3

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat (Dis)assembling Pro pack 3

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Tuffy, I already asked the same question to Clay, but since both the bolts in the top plate and those in the bottom plate are threaded, and the bolts from the top plate are pretty long, can’t you just use the bolts from the top plate to directly mount the top plate to the bottom one?

The bolts I have in the picture are just there for aesthetic purposes like you guessed. The holes on both plates are not threaded, they’re just through holes because the threading is in the upright pieces of the shelf system. None of the bolts removed from top and bottom plates are long enough to go through both together, hence the need for longer bolts. The other part of that equation is that you also need nuts for the longer bolts to screw into to hold the plates together.

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Mark I believe they are both bolts, male threads, the nut portion, the female threads, are inserts set or glued into the shelf verticals. You need a bolt to go on the screws. That’s why Alan used that funny insert thing. The bolt side is male and the receiver side is female. It works well because it gets smaller to tighten the space between the top and bottom plate without having anything protrude above the top plate or below the bottom plate.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The bolts/nuts that Alan used are called Binding Posts. They’re also called Barrel Nuts and Sleeve Posts. The need to be around 0.255″ / 6.47mm in diameter.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

done

i like it

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.