Advanced Search

Check out what just rolled in… Perfect for WEPS

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Advanced Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Check out what just rolled in… Perfect for WEPS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

How soon, Clay? I’ve been playing with making a pair of blocks using plate glass for the platens. With diamond film available, I’ll need to make a few more.

If you want some right now, you can order them from Lee Valley. That’s what I did. As a matter of fact, I believe these are the same film that Tom used in the video above. They do work great on ceramic knives! πŸ™‚

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

How soon, Clay? I’ve been playing with making a pair of blocks using plate glass for the platens. With diamond film available, I’ll need to make a few more.

If you want some right now, you can order them from Lee Valley. That’s what I did. As a matter of fact, I believe these are the same film that Tom used in the video above. They do work great on ceramic knives! :-)[/quote]

Bob, at Oldawan is anther source for the films and glass WEPS paddles. FYI?

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Bought some film the other day to try and this stuff is pretty good. Id like see if w.e. film will last longer and what the price would be.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

A couple of years ago, I bought several sheets of diamond lapping film from Lee Valley. They were graded 15, 3, .5 and .1…I don’t have the symbol mu. I cut strips and fitted them to 2 blank paddles, one grade on each side. They worked beautifully and gave some truly razor sharp edges…better than I got with the diamond paste on leather paddles. Finally I gave the remainder of the film away to my industrial arts teacher from before I retired and he used it on glass blocks to finish off his chisels.
    This is great stuff and I suggest you try experimenting with it as another way to get those edges that make your eyes smart just looking at them! So you have Lee Valley, Bob Nash and soon right from Clay to get and try this wonderful stuff. So many ways to get final ultimate edges after getting a superior edge already with the WEPS up to the 1000 stones and ceramic paddles.
    I don’t do it anymore because in the end I am very satisfied with the real world edges I got from the WEPS using the paddles up to 1000, the ceramic paddles and the strops with diamond paste.As I get older I am more easily satisfied.

Cheers
    Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I don’t have the symbol mu.

Yes, you do.

μ

πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

OK! Where do I find it?!!! :blush:

Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Leo, if you have a Windows computer, you can type ALT + number sequence for alternative characters. Or you can use the program Character Map.

You can also just copy paste from this page. Or this one for more characters.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.