Advanced Search

BestSharpeningStones.com

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic BestSharpeningStones.com

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay were you ever able to find out anything about my order from this company? The order number is 102236.

Thanks Melvin

I asked Kay to check on it. Will follow up this morning.

-Clay

Tactical Texture LLC
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 21

Here’s another case of poor customer service for Bestsharpeningstones.com.

I was using my new Wicked Edge sharpener that I bought from them for the 3rd time about a week ago. While I was finishing up the 2nd knife with the 1600 grip ceramic stones, I noticed a weird noise. I thought it was the arm, as that was a little loose. I tightened it up and kept going. On the next pass, the stone broke off on the left side. At first I thought It was just the glue that failed, but the stone actually cracked in half. See picture below:

I have left several messages for Mike (owner), and fired off several emails this week and have gotten no response. Please let me know how I can get either a refund or new stone.

**NOTE: I just did a search, and noticed he’s not a BBB accredited business, but has an F rating and 26 complaints filed against him! If I would have found that out beforehand, I would have taken my business elsewhere. Link here: http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/internet-shopping/best-sharpening-stones-in-new-providence-nj-90032552

Nick B
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Just to update everyone on my order with BSS, I ended up receiving a refund from Paypal after filing a claim against them. It had been 15 days since they sent me a tracking number for a non-existent package.

I never received any type of response from multiple emails and not even after filing the dispute with Paypal.

The people at Wicked Edge are really tarnishing their brand by being associated with BSS…

I would strongly recommend that people who have had issues with BSS file a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General. You can very easily file a consumer protection complaint at http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/complaint/ocp.pdf

Anyway, after receiving my refund from Paypal I went ahead and placed an order for the same items with Oldawan.com. I actually received my order in 2 days and was extremely impressed by their customer service. Highly recommend them

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Sorry to hear about the problems you’ve had!

I went ahead and placed an order for the same items with Oldawan.com. I actually received my order in 2 days and was extremely impressed by their customer service. Highly recommend them

Yep! Bob is a class act all the way. Glad you got it sorted.

Ken

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Can’t say enough good things about Bob @ Oldawans! Been dealing with Bob from the very start of this ocd. It has never been longer then 2 days to get my stuff and the customer service has been at the highest level it can be!! I wouldn’t even think of buying some place else!!!

David Bentley
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

Ordered WE with quartz base from bestsharpeningstones.com. Received item in a timely fashion, but the quartz base had the holes drilled in the wrong locations. I called and spoke to someone who said I would be getting a call back from them. I also emailed three times. It’s been over a week, and no response. I ended up drilling the holes correctly myself, but it cost me a drill bit and 1 hour of my time.

Robert Hong
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I’m sorry that this has to be my first post here, but I’m kicking myself now! I wish I had checked BSS reviews before placing my order. Ordered the Pro Pack 2 and received it today. But, it came shipped in two separate packages. The base came in one. It was made of some kind of “smurf blue” stone. Is this right? I thought the pro pack 2 comes with a natural color quartz base.

The BIGGEST problem is that the kit came with the old arms and no riser block. It looks like they just took a Pro Pack 1 and added some stones and one of their cheap bases to make it look like a Pro Pack 2. Called them twice right away and only got their answering service. A couple people who didn’t seem to know anything about the business. Also emailed Mike and no response yet. I hope I haven’t thrown away $700 DOLLARS!!!!

Can someone please post a picture of what a current Wicked Edge Pro Pack 2 package should look like? Thanks!

Rob

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Pro pack: http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=7&Itemid=93

All the WE products are on this site.

I don’t know BSS personally and maybe it is a very good shop. But there have been multiple complaints on them on this forum.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

If you look back in the thread, I posted very early on about my problems with BSS.
    You should have gotten the riser and the ball joint arms with the PP II for certain.

The base… well, when I ordered mine the picture they had on the web site was of a black base. It was listed as quartz. I got a white base that is Quarzite, a synthetic stone. It works fine BTW…
    When I finally heard back for him, he pointed out that the site states they will select the color. It did. I soon got over the color issue, as the base does exactly what it is supposed to do… and weighs about 15 pounds…so it holds everything very solidly. My base was also shipped separately.. but that was well before there were any Pro Packs offered. I think the bases were always sold separately at that time.

It sounds like… if you get the riser and new arms…and all of the stones are there, you will be up to the PPII level.

I think that they only way I ever heard back for the owner is because Clay intervened. I am really surprised, after all of the issue this guy has had, that he is still a dealer for WEPS.

I’m sorry that this has to be my first post here, but I’m kicking myself now! I wish I had checked BSS reviews before placing my order. Ordered the Pro Pack 2 and received it today. But, it came shipped in two separate packages. The base came in one. It was made of some kind of “smurf blue” stone. Is this right? I thought the pro pack 2 comes with a natural color quartz base.

The BIGGEST problem is that the kit came with the old arms and no riser block. It looks like they just took a Pro Pack 1 and added some stones and one of their cheap bases to make it look like a Pro Pack 2. Called them twice right away and only got their answering service. A couple people who didn’t seem to know anything about the business. Also emailed Mike and no response yet. I hope I haven’t thrown away $700 DOLLARS!!!!

Can someone please post a picture of what a current Wicked Edge Pro Pack 2 package should look like? Thanks!

Rob

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.