Advanced Search

BestSharpeningStones.com

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic BestSharpeningStones.com

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Beatty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 20

Hey guys Just wanted to pass along my experience, I saw BSS had some of the super fine stones in stock so I put in an order, then I saw this thread and thought “dam, that all I need” well I got a confirmation and then I thought I would add to the order over the weekend hopping it would get caught to save shipping. Sunday I got a notification both orders will get shipped together and all is indeed In stock.
    It looks to me his reputation is on the mend.

Jonathan Beaver
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 6

Glad to hear that someone is having some success with them!

I still haven’t had a peep. Oh well.

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

Sorry to hear it, What city were you in ?

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

He seems to run in streaks. I got 60% of my order very quickly. The last 40%, well I never got it, and it took several weeks of trying to get him to talk to me and not hearing back, and finally when (I think) Clay talked to him, I got a refund.
    The worst part is the lack of communication, with the only phone number being an answering service that turns around and send him email… which he ignores.

While I ended up with a refund and he did send me an assortment of 3M PSA lapping film cut for the WEPS, it just shouldn’ be that hard. People send off their money in good faith, it should not be too much to ask to get what they bought in a timely manner, or at least get status quickly and regularly.

Phil

Hey guys Just wanted to pass along my experience, I saw BSS had some of the super fine stones in stock so I put in an order, then I saw this thread and thought “dam, that all I need” well I got a confirmation and then I thought I would add to the order over the weekend hopping it would get caught to save shipping. Sunday I got a notification both orders will get shipped together and all is indeed In stock.
    It looks to me his reputation is on the mend.

Jonathan Beaver
    Participant

I was in San Diego for 2 weeks on business. I’ve now been back at home (New Zealand) for almost a month.

I ordered because of the 2-3 day shipping notice on the website…

I wouldn’t have minded so much if my credit card hadn’t been charged the instant I placed the order!

Anyway, Clay has offered to help me out with contacting him, so I’m still optimistic!

Definitely glad to hear that someone is having luck with them.

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

Package from BSS showed up today as promised.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Package from BSS showed up today as promised.

Glad to hear it!

-Clay

Jonathan Beaver
    Participant

Just got a letter saying that something from Wicked Edge is being delivered next week.

Can’t wait to get my hands on this thing and try it out!

Nick B
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

I’m kicking myself for not researching bestsharpeningstones.com before placing an order last week.

I received a a priority mail tracking number within hours of placing the order but have yet to receive the package after a week–USPS tracking shows they have not received the package.

No response to multiple emails so far requesting an update.

I’m debating whether to just file a dispute with paypal at this point…

wickededge
    Keymaster

I’m kicking myself for not researching bestsharpeningstones.com before placing an order last week.

I received a a priority mail tracking number within hours of placing the order but have yet to receive the package after a week–USPS tracking shows they have not received the package.

No response to multiple emails so far requesting an update.

I’m debating whether to just file a dispute with paypal at this point…

I’ll jump in and contact BSS this morning and post back on what I learn. Worst case scenario is that we fulfill your order for him and settle with him separately. Can you please PM me with your order details?

-Clay

Melvin Sharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

I placed my Order on Thursday, October 11, 2012. I was charged and never got my order in. I have called and never got a responce from them. I have sent them messages and still nothing. I just want my things I ordered.

Melvin Sharp

Jose Fuste
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 26

It is weird, just order the 1200/1600 stones from them and they delivered very quick.:)

Jonathan Beaver
    Participant

That’s disappointing that people are having issues again.

I’m extremely happy with my setup here (although I’m considering the finer stones/strops) and everything turned out well for me once Clay stepped in to make it right.

wickededge
    Keymaster

I placed my Order on Thursday, October 11, 2012. I was charged and never got my order in. I have called and never got a responce from them. I have sent them messages and still nothing. I just want my things I ordered.

Melvin Sharp

Checking on this right now…

-Clay

Melvin Sharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

Clay were you ever able to find out anything about my order from this company? The order number is 102236.

Thanks Melvin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.