Advanced Search

BestSharpeningStones.com

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic BestSharpeningStones.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jon Sterrett
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

I recently placed an order with these guys, and after two weeks have yet to see my order (1200/1600grit paddles and a quartzstone base, both listed as “In Stock”, and they had advertised same day, 2-3 day shipping).

I’ve made several attempts at contact, including email and phone calls, but have received no response. When I asked the answering service, who couldn’t give me information on my order, when someone who could provide that information would be in, they said they didn’t know.

Double-U Tee Eff?

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Any of these problems? I’m filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as we speak (type, heh).

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Interestingly I have just recently had a similar experience with them I bought a bunch of stuff including the WE asic package, the quartz base, the fine and ceramic stones and a strop pack.

I got everything but the fine diamond and ceramic hones. I have been trying to contact them for well over a week via email and calling the toll free number to find out when the backorder would be filled on the hones. I have got nothing back to the multiple emails to several published and one unpublished (provided by the answering service) email adresses.

The number you call is an answering service for order taking only. They have posted two requests to have me contacted. I have got Nothing back from them. I hope that I have not thrown my money away.

Yes, his web site still lists the items as being in stock. I have also seen E Bay listings for the items saying that they were in stock from the same company. Curious… I haven’t got the ones that I have paid for.

Phil

Kraig Davis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

I too ordered 3m micro lapping film, blank strops and 1200/1600 cermaric stones from them. Like the previous post said were in stock. I ordered on Dec 31st. The e-mail that I got when I made my order said shipping status was pending. They sent me an e-mail a couple weeks back saying they got their order of 3m film and blank strops in and were sending those out, but the ceramics were still on back order. I have my 3m film, and blank strops and am waiting on the ceramics. These WEPS kits and accessories are very popular and hard to get ahold of quick. I’ve read comments on here of ppl waiting a month or more to get their items. Hope this helps.

Kraig.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

For my part, it is not the fact that the items are backordered, they are backordered everywhere. The problem is the lack of communication and the fact that the items were, and still are, advertised as being in stock. I had lots of options for buying the WE system. I ordered from these folks because they advertised everything as being ready to ship. This is a misrepresentation, plain and simple.

BTW, I would have been much happier if I had ever gotten a reply to my communictions explaining the situation. I can deal with many situations if I know that someone, at least, cares enough to let me know what is happening. The only thing I have to date is an invoice saying the items are backordered until Feb 1, 2012 (not sure how he intends to pull that off) and a credit card bill for the entire amount.

Phil

Jon Sterrett
    Participant

That’s what I’m saying. The lack of communication is what is killing me. I feel like I’ve been scammed. At least send my base!

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 80

I understand all your frustrations but gripping about it on this forum is pointless. Go bitch on their web sites.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hi guys,
    I’ll send the link to this post to Mike at BestSharpeningStones ASAP.
    –Clay

-Clay

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Thanks Clay!!
    Hopefully if Mike understands what people think about the situation, we will get some kind of response.

Rafael Jorge
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

I too had to wait almost a month for a quartz base and 3M Micro Laping film, which by the way is too wide. Several phone calls and emails…He needs to communicate with the buyers more often. Just a simple answer is enough.
    I’ll tell you, I have ordered from wicked edge, bestsharpeningstones, and from Jim @ tradesmantoolsdirect. Jim is an awesome guy and a pleasure to talk to, fast shipping as well.

Jon Sterrett
    Participant

I received an email from Mike at Best Sharpening Stones apologizing for the poor customer service, and offering to make it right. I’ve sent him my response, so hopefully he’ll follow through. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted either way.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I received an email from Mike at Best Sharpening Stones apologizing for the poor customer service, and offering to make it right. I’ve sent him my response, so hopefully he’ll follow through. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted either way.

I am glad that you got some response. I have still not got any reply to my multiple attempts at sending email and requesting contact through his answering service. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Phil

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I am glad that you got some response. I have still not got any reply to my multiple attempts at sending email and requesting contact through his answering service. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Phil[/quote]

I wrote Mike one last time Since Jon had got some info. About half an hour later I got a reply. As in Jon’s case he offered something to make up for it. I just wanted folks to know that I have, at least, gotten a reply from Mike. Fair is fair…

Phil

Jon Sterrett
    Participant

After responding to Mike’s offer, I hadn’t heard anything from him, so I sent him a message yesterday asking when I should expect my items to arrive. Much to my surprise (ha), I have yet to hear back from him. I’ll give it another 24 hours before I consider myself robbed.

Has anyone received their items, or had any other contact with him?

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I was just getting ready to send him a note asking what happened to his promised new regime of excellent customer service.

No, I have not heard anything since getting the same email that you got, and probably the same offerof compensation to make things right.

Phil

Jon Sterrett
    Participant

I wanted to wait until all was said and done to post this, which it is now, so here’s where we stand:

After a few days of not hearing back from him regarding the status of my “compensation pack”, I received an email stating that my base and compensation items had been shipped, with a tracking number, and that my payment had been refunded in full.

Today I did receive the package, and the payment was refunded.

All is good for me. Anyone else have any updates?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.