Advanced Search

Backlit Cube! At last!

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Backlit Cube! At last!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Bill K
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 14

Ihandy level has a Hold button and a Calibration feature . You can calibrate both horizontal and vertical but no mag strip ! that coudl really cause some reception issues witht he built-in GPS, phone and compass 😆

Bruce Guignard
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 15

A beautiful and unusual knife you pictured. Tell me more about it and the others you make.

Bruce

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi Martin
    We are glad you found the Wicked Edge Sharpener also…and so you found this Forum too. Your English is very good my friend so don’t you worry about that.
    Sounds like you have the kind of life many of us would love to lead. We will be happy to hear about your outdoor experiences and see some of the knives you have made and use. Sweden’s climate is much like the climate of Northern Ontario where I grew up, maybe even tougher. I am looking forward to hearing about your winter and hunting stories.
    You are very welcome here!

Best regards
    Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome, Martin!

Sounds like you have the kind of life many of us would love to lead. We will be happy to hear about your outdoor experiences and see some of the knives you have made and use.

Yes, it is totally unfair :angry:. I live in the Netherlands and I love survical. If we want to go survivalling, we have only small woods/lands we can go to. And you are only allowed to spend the night on camping grounds. And fire… no way.

So lucky you! And… a couple of guys here want to organize survival trips to Sweden, so maybe… :cheer:

Also interested in the knive(s) you use. Is it all Fallknivens and Moras?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

martin lind
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 78

sure i can show off some of my knives that i make and use and some outdoor photos if some want to see it, but i think i will start a new topic of that and not on this one.

some answers: i dont like fällkniven knives many do nice for them 🙂 but they not for me.
    Mora knives ihave been using my hole life but not now in forest but at work, they come sheep and scandi grind sharp.
    the knife on the photo is one of my latest, a wide beast in 12c27 steel with rubber scales on it, i will send more photos of it, got a twin brother to him also but with home made micarta.

Living in sweden is great, lot of forest and you can go where ever you want almost anyway, fire and so on just show respect:cheer: we dont have so many dangery animals either, just one poisen snake and you would not die if you been bitten;) no sharks,crocks and so on…
    realy hot sommers and realy cold winters with lots of snow, but that makes survival great, if you dont learn your dead….:P and we have many great knifemakers and so on…
    see y martin

jeremy jordan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

has anyone tried to add their own back lighting to their cube yet? im sure it wouldnt be hard ive added back lighting to other lcds before. im waiting on my pro pack 2 to arrive next week ill give it a try as soon as i can put the sharpener down long enough to tinker with it.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

Haven’t tried this… if you do it, let us know how it goes!

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

AN angle cube allows one to set the angle EXACTLY.

Here’s how:

1. Set your knife in the sharpener and decide the angle (ie. 18 per side.)
    2. Put the angle cube on the base of the sharpener and zero it.
    3. Put the stone on the sharpening rod and set the pre-marked scale to 18 degrees.
    4. Lay the stone against the knife as if you were going to start sharpening
    5. Put the Angle Cube on the side of the sharpening stone that is not against the knife …..
    6. READ THE ANGLE. It probably will NOT be 18 (due to inherent differences in the height of each knife
    being sharpened.)
    7. Adjust the angle until it reads 18 on the Angle Cube

You now have a true 18 degrees.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.