Advanced Search

Anyone selling a gen4 pro case?

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Buy Anyone selling a gen4 pro case?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hans Ammitzboll
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hi all-

I just got a Gen 4 Pro (with shelf) and am looking for a case.  When I watched a bunch of YouTube reviews, they all seemed to indicate that it came in a case.  Even though the listing said nothing about a case, I assumed it was just included but not mentioned for some reason.  This isn’t WE’s fault, it’s on me for assuming.  However, I really was hoping for that case both for mobility as well as for storage.  I really don’t have the space to just leave this out all the time, and I was planning on being able to be mobile with it as well.  I guess that the case all the reviewers showed was only included as part of the initial launch?  Maybe?  In any case, (pun intended!), does anyone have one that they would like to sell?  I know I can purchase the same case directly from the supplier, but that custom foam insert is the real goal here.  Anyone wanna make a deal?

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Different usable cases are easy to source. But, since the G4P is a new model, that is offered in different options/configurations, you will probably need to customize the foam insert yourself. There are different foam sources that can be used and customized to your needs. Good luck.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Hi all- I just got a Gen 4 Pro (with shelf) and am looking for a case. When I watched a bunch of YouTube reviews, they all seemed to indicate that it came in a case. Even though the listing said nothing about a case, I assumed it was just included but not mentioned for some reason. This isn’t WE’s fault, it’s on me for assuming. However, I really was hoping for that case both for mobility as well as for storage. I really don’t have the space to just leave this out all the time, and I was planning on being able to be mobile with it as well. I guess that the case all the reviewers showed was only included as part of the initial launch? Maybe? In any case, (pun intended!), does anyone have one that they would like to sell? I know I can purchase the same case directly from the supplier, but that custom foam insert is the real goal here. Anyone wanna make a deal?

They might just be out of them right now. Email WE and ask them if they can get you one or let you know when they will be available.

Hans Ammitzboll
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I did.  They said they are still determining if they will be offering a case and have not made a decision yet.  Seems a bit odd, since the reviews all showed a case with custom foam insert.  Since the work to create the custom insert was already done, I’m surprised they aren’t offering the case as at least a custom order option, if not a stocked item.

000Robert
    Participant

I did. They said they are still determining if they will be offering a case and have not made a decision yet. Seems a bit odd, since the reviews all showed a case with custom foam insert. Since the work to create the custom insert was already done, I’m surprised they aren’t offering the case as at least a custom order option, if not a stocked item.

Wow, that sounds strange. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some before long. I would check the website every day or two. Or maybe you will get lucky and someone will sell you theirs.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by 000Robert.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I believe they may have customized previous model cases they sold.  Original idea was the case was shipping crate but very large and expensive shipping.

I believe my G4P pedestal model came in an adapted case for that reason.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant

I believe they may have customized previous model cases they sold. Original idea was the case was shipping crate but very large and expensive shipping. I believe my G4P pedestal model came in an adapted case for that reason.

That sounds about right. It is nice having a case though. I bought a do-it-yourself case from WE for my WE66 Obsidian that worked out very well. Since I’m disabled and don’t hunt and camp anymore, I gave it to my son. He and my daughter-in-law loves it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Willie
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

According to this YouTube video (not from WE)  only the first 200 units sold came with a “free” case. Since I just ordered a Gen 4 Pro last week (I haven’t received it yet) I just assumed I was WELL past the 200 units sold mark, so I would not be getting a case with it. I will be looking for a suitable case as well, probably from Pelican.

Edit to add:
    As I expected my G4P arrived in a cardboard box with Styrofoam inserts. Great for shipping protection but somewhat awkward for storage for me. Time for me to look for a nice portable case that can hold it all and has a carry handle.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Willie.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.