Advanced Search

Angle Cube

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ian Minton
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 8

Hi Gang,

Quick question… Why the angel cube? Why not just use one of the many apps that are on the iPhone? Do they provide poor readings?

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Well, I don’t have an iPhone 😛 . And the angle cube is magnetic, which is quite handy when you use it with the diamond stones.

But I am curious as well how accurate the angle meter on an iPhone is. And anyone who has experience with an equivalent Android app?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’m not aware of the accuracy of the iPhone when used as an angle-finder, but we use the AngleCube to measure angles to a tenth of a degree. If AngleCubes weren’t so cheap, maybe the iPhone would be an option.

Ian Minton
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 8

Angle’s on the iPhone apps can be measured to a tenth of a degree and the apps are free, but- I’m hesitant to use them as yet…

What is the price of the AngleCube?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

You can get the iGaging AngleCube at any of a number of dealers, from $22 to $30, but I strongly recommend supporting Clay and Wicked Edge. They’re selling the AccuRemote unit for $40, shipping included. And you get the great WE service and support.

Don’t buy the Wixey angle cube. They don’t have magnets on three sides and don’t have all the features of the iGaging or AccuRemote units.

BTW, I probably use my AngleCube as much as any tool I have in my woodworking shop. Great device. Especially for fixture and tool setups.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.