Advanced Search

adhesive for sharpeners

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

🙁

Several of my diamond and ceramic sharpeners have come loose from their plastic handles. Is there a preferred adhesive to reattach them?

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

This is not too common. Call WE and let them know, they should take care of you. Keep in mind for the diamonds and ceramics, I don’t believe the adhesive used is water proof, as these are not intended to be soaked in water.

Welcome to the forum.

Joel Casto
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 12

I just received the Superfine Ceramic stones in the mail this Saturday and both 1200 grit stones and one 1600 grit stone fell off after two uses. Luckily, the stones did not break.

It looks like they’re hot glued and I’m surprised they came off at all but especially after three days and two uses.

UPDATED: Next day…called WE and spoke with Sara(h). The superfine ceramic stones are hot glued. WE offered a replacement, complete with return postage but I wanted to repair it myself since there’s really nothing wrong with the stones. So I cleaned the old hot glue off the platens and hot-glued them back. Good as new.

Nice folks at WE. But I don’t have to say that here, do I?

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum!

I also managed to loosen one of my stones from their paddles. By washing it in the dish washer at 150 degrees F and applying a lot of force afterwards. :ohmy: In other words: give WE a call. They can send you the 3M tape they use to fix the stones.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.