Advanced Search

Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Aleksei Dyachkov
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

I’ve read the forum & the manual and it’s highly suggested that strops should be kept separately etc to prevent cross-contamination.
    I think it could be a good idea to make additional cover made form plastic.
    I’ve attached a sketch render to show the concept.
    It just covers one side & snaps on the edges. Color-coded to prevent using it on wrong side. The hole on the side can be used to tie two pieces together & enables to store strops/stones by hanging ’em on a hook or something.

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’ve read the forum & the manual and it’s highly suggested that strops should be kept separately etc to prevent cross-contamination.
    It just covers one side & snaps on the edges. Color-coded to prevent using it on wrong side. The hole on the side can be used to tie two pieces together & enables to store strops/stones by hanging ’em on a hook or something.

Nice idea, beautiful rendering! Thank you for sharing it. Did you make your sketch to the specs of the handles and strops?

-Clay

Aleksei Dyachkov
    Participant

Nice idea, beautiful rendering! Thank you for sharing it. Did you make your sketch to the specs of the handles and strops?

Thank You.

I didn’t use specs, It’s just a 10 minute sketch =).

I can measure sizes & make it “fit” , but the model itself will be of no use, because it’s not made in CAD, just ordinary 3D software. It has option to export to DXF file to use with AutoCAD or other CAD application, but i’m not quite sure if it’ll work fine,

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

I really like this. It solves the problem of cross contamination, but it would also work for all stones. I made of soft rubber material it would protect stones from shock and chipping.

Further more, you could leave 1 side on and have a clean, grippy surface to hold.

Nice work.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Will you send me the DXF file? If so, I’ll see what I can do with it.

Thank You.

I didn’t use specs, It’s just a 10 minute sketch =).

I can measure sizes & make it “fit” , but the model itself will be of no use, because it’s not made in CAD, just ordinary 3D software. It has option to export to DXF file to use with AutoCAD or other CAD application, but i’m not quite sure if it’ll work fine,[/quote]

-Clay

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Yea, more accessories to spend my money on!

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Great idea, Aleksei…..and excellent renderings too!

Aleksei Dyachkov
    Participant

Will you send me the DXF file? If so, I’ll see what I can do with it.

Done.
    Sorry for delay.

Aleksei Dyachkov
    Participant

Great idea, Aleksei…..and excellent renderings too!

Thanks.

Yea, more accessories to spend my money on!

If mass-produced, they should be cheap as dirt — the mould is expensive, the plastic isn’t.

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Wondering if there are any updates re plastic strop covers?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Wondering if there are any updates re plastic strop covers?

Good question. I’ve mentioned it to our factory and it’s easy enough to do. I need to find a good draftsman to make the drawings to send off.

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

These would be great for the leather strops carrying them in the new case. 🙂

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I would buy those in a heart beat! Mine are kept in a zip lock bags right now. Those little case would be great!!

James Bare
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 20

I would definitely get some to cover my strops as well instead of a plastic bag

Aleksei Dyachkov
    Participant

Good question. I’ve mentioned it to our factory and it’s easy enough to do. I need to find a good draftsman to make the drawings to send off.

I’ve sent to you original 3d-model a while ago. Could you make anything out of it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.