Advanced Search

Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Me and my story! Let’s get to know each other!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Rene Lafontaine
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 10

Hi! My name is René. 34 years old french canadian from quebec city! I was looking around for sharpener on the web when i fall down on this marvellous system! Tadam xmass arrived and i got one from me to me!! Finally having my henkel knifes cutting better than new.
    Also getting some shapening jobs from co-workers.

I will later put some pictures of my packaging setting for my new stuff to carry around.

Im also trying to find on the forum some answers for the life time of the diamond stones…. I think the breaking time is less than 6 knifes…im I right? Because if i look at my stones the middle is really smoother than the edge on the 100 and 2000 stones. Maybe ill finally found the answer on the forum…

Have a good day or evening …it depends where you are in the world at this moment.

Keep it sharp!

P.S. sorry for my english. As i said ..im a french canadian 🙂

Dan Elting
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

Hi folks! Just ORDERED my WE Pro 1 kit earlier today. I’m a newbie to sharpening but am looking forward to learning the craft and testing my abilities. I am sure I’ll have plenty of questions once my kit arrives (CAN’T WAIT!) Besides my full-time job I travel the country providing training for LE and military personnel. During “spare time” I help moderate a Packers message board (GO PACK GO!). I have a variety of knives from Spyderco, Benchmade, Chicago Cutlery, Tops, Cold Steel and more. Having already read about the experiences of many of the peoople on this site I look forward to picking the brains of the talent pool here.

Be safe!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Salut René!
    Vous êtes les bienvenus ici. Il est bon d’avoir un Canadien couteaux à aiguiser avec le bord Wicked. J’ai hâte de vous entendre de nouveau et de vous aider si vous avez des problèmes.
    J’ai été en utilisant mes pierres de diamants depuis deux ans et ils sont toujours fait un excellent travail.
    Cordialement
    Léo
    P.S.
    Sorry for my French Rene! I don’t get to use it often enough. I grew up in North Bay Ontario nd I spent a lot of time around Temiskaming and territory hunting and fishing.Never mind my friend, your English is just fine.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hey Dan
    Welcome aboard mate. Glad to have you here and look forward to hearing about your experiences.
    I used to do a lot of military training back in the early 1950’s just after the Korean War. My specialty was the maintenance and use of the Lee-Enfield .303 rifle, the Bren LMG and the old Sten SMG. Besides that I helped out with the hand to hand stuff…mostly I was the enemy to the instructor’s good guy! LOL! I can still feel the bumps and bruises from landing on the bumpy ground at the Chippewa Barracks and Armory where we trained. Too long ago!
    Anyway I am happy to hear you have ordered yourself a WEPS. You will have plenty of help from your new friends here if you need it.
    Cheers chum
    Leo

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hey guys,

Welcome to the forum! Í hope you will enjoyu your WEPS as much as most people here. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of useful information here. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Stevan Hopkins
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Here is my story. Originally from north of Boston, have been on St. Croix USVI for the last 24 years. Vietnam combat vet, beautiful wife and three awesome daughters, one son each. I will be retiring soon and have been trying to come up with something to do with my time when we move to Charleston SC. I think I have found my next mission………sharpening all the knives in the Chucktown area with my wicked awesome Wicked Edge! I am fast becoming obsessed with the perfect edge. After spending a bunch of hours reading the forums I recognize I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to the journey!

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Welcome to the forum. A lot of knowledgeable , helpful people here. The WEPS will help you get some great edges. Little bit of learning curve, little bit of break in. Practice on knives that are not expensive nor your favorite.

Welcome to the mainland (soon).

Mile

Chris McComas
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Howdy, I’m Chris McComas, I live in West Virginia, I’m self employed,I hang seamless gutter. I love guns and knives and found the WES through watching you tube videos.

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Replies: 93

Welcome, Chris!

I like your style…..short and sweet!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Hi Chris welcome aboard! B)

Brad Goodman
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

My Story — My name is Brad Goodman 42 yrs old. Spent most of my career in the telephone industry until 2000. Changed careers now a Power & Controls Technician for Procter & Gamble for the last 14 years. I used to own a sharpening business specializing in beauty shears and barbers scissors. Sold that businees, but have always dabbled in knife sharpening. I have built some sharpeners in the past with mixed results, but never the level I am seeing with the Wicked Edge. I will be purchasing the Pro Pack II it looks like in the near future.

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Replies: 93

Welcome to the site, Mr B

You’ll find lots of useful info on this site for all your knife sharpening needs and the people are very helpful too.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Brad! Enjoy the read and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Craig
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 13

Ok I’m Officially in!!! My name is Craig from Deerfield Beach Florida 33 years old. Occupation firefighter paramedic. I ordered my WEPS Pro pack 2 yesterday and can’t wait!!!! I have been kicking around the decision the last three or four months and finally after reading all the information decided to just do it. I must say I’ve been all been all over the forms and really impressed with everybody!!!! I come from a offshore fishing inshore fishing and all waters in between. I also enjoy shooting. I have been fond sharpening since watching my father as a kid before we would fillet fish. I’m super excited can’t wait to get started!!! Nice to everybody!!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hey Craig
    Welcome aboard mate. You are welcome here and an extra big welcome because you are a para-medic and a firefighter…anyone who does this work is a hero for me.
    You will really enjoy the WEPS Pro pack Craig. You will find cleaning/filleting all those fine fish easier and faster than ever before.Any questions or problems, don’t hesitate to ask here or if there is a problem with the rig, a phone call or PM to Clay will quickly resolve any issue.

All the best
    Leo

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.