Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Website

Recent Forums Main Forum Wicked Edge Website

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Duke
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 7

New to the forum and my first post. Have a question in regards to ordering from the website. Think I’m ready to order a PRO-PACK 2 or a WE-130. Went to add a couple of items to my cart and can not get certain items to my cart. Example would be the Pro-Pack 2  shows a status of SHOP NOW, (can not add it to my cart). The Field and Sport shows a status of ADD TO CART, (and I can add this to my cart). Does anybody have an idea why they are different? Possibly out of stock on SHOP NOW items?

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’m not sure. I would call Wicked Edge and place an order over the phone. A real person always answers when you call during business hours and they will get it all sorted out for you.

Duke
    Participant

Thank you Organic. I’ll try to give them a call Wednesday.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome to the Forum Duke…”add to cart” is when the item as shown is ready to be purchased, as it is; no additional options to decide from.  “Shop Now” requires an additional choice to be made such as which base you want to order it with, or with or without a case, a second defining characteristic before you can add it to the cart.  Everything you mentioned appears to be in stock and available.  You should sign up and log-in to Wicked Edge, USA before placing an order to get full functionality.

Out of stock items don’t give you an orange button, “add to cart” or “shop now”.  It only says “add to compare”.  The “Commercial Series” appears to be the only model “out-of-stock” at this time.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Duke
    Participant

Thank you Marc, that explained it well.  Now I need to decide which model, (I keep flip flopping back and forth). The Field and Sport Pro, the WE-130 or the Pro-Pack 2? Decisions, decisions.

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

The Field and Sport Pro and the WE130,  are the same vise setups and identical mechanically in every way, with the “Generation 3 Clamping System”.  The F&S Pro has the wide elevated square mounting platform where you “C” clamp secure it to a flat surface.  The WE130 has a wider mounting platform designed to be secured to a flat base of your choosing, like a cutting board, with attachment screws from underneath.  If you will be taking it with you the F & S Pro is the way to go as it comes with a case, too.

The Pro Pack II is a lot of bang for your buck.  It is the “Standard Vise clamping system”.  It includes everything you’ll need to apply Wicked Sharp edges with a fine mirror polish once you learn how to do it.  It even includes the weighty aluminum base and attachment screws.

Both the “Standard Vise Clamping System” and the Gen 3 Vise Clamping System” will result in equally sharp and polished edges.  Once you learn how to do it, (and if you have the same full compliment of stones, mediums and accessories.)

The only decision you really need to make is which clamping system would you prefer?  You can start with the PP2 with all it’s goodies and later on down the road, if you want, upgrade the Vise to the Gen 3 Vise with the WE130UP upgrade kit for $285.  That would make it into almost a Pro Pack III.  (Just shy of a few additional accessories and stones).  That is what I did.  I started with the Pro Pack II and upgraded to the WE130.  That’s a pretty economical route to take to get everything that’s needed.

My preference is the Gen 3 Vise System.  I wouldn’t want do without all the goodies included with the Pro Pack II.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Duke
    Participant

Thanks for breaking the three options down for me Marc. Did some digging around and found on Experticity I could get the Field and Sport Pro for $486.75.  I added the Super Fine Ceramic 1200-1600 for $71.25 and the 5-3.5 Strop for $33.75. Total for the combination is $591.75. I’m thinking this combination and an angle cube will get me started for around $625.00.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.