Advanced Search

What's the most important thing you've learned (about sharpening with the WE?)

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat What's the most important thing you've learned (about sharpening with the WE?)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Do you ask because it doesn’t look like it is going to work? I won’t be offended if you see a flaw in it, and in fact it would save me the time in messing with it and not getting the results I’m expecting.

On the contrary, I ask because I’m hoping it will work. I’m looking forward to seeing your results.

-Clay

Joseph
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Thanks for your post. Just got my pro pack 3 today. Really looking forward to the journey.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome to the forum Joseph! If you run into any issues or have questions that you can’t find an answer to then we are here to help.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Joseph, you’ll love it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Joseph
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

First go at my new tool today! This thing is GREAT!!!!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SalisburySam
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 15

The many helpful replies to Clay’s original question are dead on IMO, and I won’t repeat them again.  Interestingly to me, I learned two things not mentioned yet:

1- my stable of kitchen knives, even those professionally sharpened, were just incredibly dull by WE standards.  Since acquiring and using my PP2, food prep is very much easier, more enjoyable, and significantly faster than I could have imagined.  I know that is not really a tip or technique, but it was quite an eye-opening fact for both my wife and I that we hadn’t anticipated.

2- all of the wonderful techniques to achieve a WE edge come with practice, analysis of results, tuning your techniques, and more practice.  That said, even the very first knife I sharpened with WE immediately became a far more useful kitchen tool than almost all other of my knives, despite not having any WE experience whatsoever.  When adopted and applied, the tips and techniques from this forum and the experts who contribute to it just keep making the experience and results better.

In summary, from day one you will get a very sharp result on a knife, and with the help of this forum, videos, the Knowledge Base, and practice, the results will dramatically improve.  Gotta luv it!

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.