Advanced Search

WEPS Pro Pack II

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements WEPS Pro Pack II

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

I can so relate to everything you said. I did the whole youtube, blade forum, google circuit before deciding on which system to buy. I decided initially that I would not spend so much money on just a hobby sharpener and started looking at bench stones and hand sharpening, but decided that it was too imprecise and did not want to ruin some knives that I enjoy and are a bit expensive. So I started looking at systems. Lansky seemed the likely choice, but there was something about watching Clay on youtube. It just made sense. Knowing myself, I decided to just pass up on all the cheaper systems and just get the one that I would eventually wind up with anyway. I like toys and expensive toys are more fun, so this should hold me for quite some time.

Hope you enjoy your new system and I hope that it goes trouble free for you.

Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

I’m glad others see my point about wanting it polished and complete. It might seem picky to want “little booties” to cover my pivots, but for $700 I guess I expect a lot, lol.

It’s simply like the computer analogy, if you believe in the design, you want to start sharpening/learning then you just need to dive in, good bad or ugly. I think we’re all “tinkerers” so a few mods here and there wont kill me, I was just worried about big design flaws. Seems to pretty solid though as is Clay himself. I trust if there was a major problem he would take care of it, his “reachability” speaks volumes. I’m sure i’ll be in line this week as well.

And +1 on the forum, very helpful and friendly.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’re getting close! I just examined the newest batch of samples for the newly redesigned Base Rod. The production run is shipping out to us from VT today. Here are some photos:

And here is what is included with the Pro-Pack II:

• Wicked Edge Precision Knife Sharpener
    • QuartzStone Base
    • 2 each of 100#, 200#, 400#, 600#, 800# and 1000# diamond plates
    • 2 each of 1.4um and .6um ceramic stones
    • 2 each of 1um and .5um diamond and leather strops
    • Digital angle gauge
    • New Guide Rods with ball joints and micro-adjustments
    • Riser
    • New Base Rod calibrated for the Riser and Ball-Joint Assembly with angle range of 13-35 degrees per side

-Clay

Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

GOOD TIMES!!!

Very exciting after what has been (for me) a very long wait. Glad to see it coming together. Looking forward to my unboxing. 😛

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

I’m posting to put this to the top.
    We have waited for news on the new Pro Pack II, we’re all excited to see them!

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

We’re getting close! I just examined the newest batch of samples for the newly redesigned Base Rod. The production run is shipping out to us from VT today.

GOOD TO HEAR! :woohoo: :woohoo:

• New Base Rod calibrated for the Riser and Ball-Joint Assembly with angle range of 13-35 degrees per side
  • Good to hear this too… Should make things a bit easier! :side: 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.