Advanced Search

Website Upgrade…. Issues/Problems

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Website Upgrade…. Issues/Problems

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

I read that, perhaps some parts of the migration were still in process. Maybe, but now it has been quite awhile to think that would be the case. The site is definitely slower. I can open a topic/thread, but it takes a good 30 seconds before I can do anything, including scrolling. Same with message creation or editing.

Of course, I can live with that, but it is a step backwards from where we were. Anyway, it may be worth asking the hosting folks about.

Overall this upgrade has been pretty much a non-event. Can’t ask for much more.

Except maybe SPEED

👿

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I agree… I’m seeing the same thing, I’ll pass this and the android issue along.

(You must have taken a day off… there was bit of an issue. Hats off to the website team for getting on top of it right away though…. they did a great job.) 🙂

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I did have a few problems accessing the site for awhile, but not more than for one evening. I just went through an Exchange upgrade at work. We did one site out of ten. I keep fining things that are not quite right two weeks later now. We planned and tested the hell out of that system.
    🙂
    Mother Murphy rules the IT game…
    🙁

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I had my first problem today. :S Everytime I got on the site would crash. :huh: Did it right after my first post this morning. I sent a email to the crew and just a little while ago I finally was able to get on. :cheer: It is amazing how addicted I am to this forum. I really missed not being able to take a break and read for a few minutes :whistle: All is well in my little world again! :woohoo:

Keith Burt
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

On this page:
    https://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v1.tpl&product_id=471&category_id=73&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53”

I should see info about the new carrying case but I just get the header & footer.

Not logged in or Logged in with IOS 6.1.3, lastpass browser or safari

cbwx34
    Participant

On this page:
    https://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v1.tpl&product_id=471&category_id=73&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53”

I should see info about the new carrying case but I just get the header & footer.

Not logged in or Logged in with IOS 6.1.3, lastpass browser or safari

Is this what you’re looking for?

https://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=65&virtuemart_category_id=8&Itemid=98

I think page links have changed, so if you’ve saved an old link, it no longer works.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I noticed that all of my PM history is gone. I guess I will survive, but that kind of thing should have been easy to bring over from the old DB.
    On this thread, it showed 3 active pages. I clicked on 3, it was empty. Again, not a huge issue, but not the way I would expect things to work.

Of course, now something is there…this post, so it will be hard to test.

One more thing, I am curious to hear whether anyone else sees this. When I start to type a post, the first half dozen or so characters that I type don’t show up. This is with IE 10… all of my observations are.

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

All my PMs are gone. Not a big deal for me either.
    I too had clicked on this thread when it showed 3 active pages.
    Third page was blank

Don’t notice the typing lag you refer to, but I use an Ipad mostly.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

I figured out the typing lag. I have been typing before the page is really available for doing anything. Same issue that I mentioned yesterday. A full page will display, as in the message reply window, but it takes a fairly long time before I can actually do anything with it.. this includes typing or any other kind of navigation (scrolling). I guess I just need to be a bit more patient until they figure it out.

Keith Burt
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5
    cbwx34
    Participant

Got it… I’ll let ’em know. Thanks!

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

🙁
    Is anyone else experiencing the same issue I am where you are not getting emailed notifications of replies to topics you start, or topics you’ve replied to since the upgrade ?

I have the box checked to be notified of replies to topics, etc…..but have not been getting any emails since the upgrade happened………………:oops:

I even tried to send an email to the tech guys at wickededge@nextgenerationdesign.com and that email bounced as undeliverable.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

🙁
    Is anyone else experiencing the same issue I am where you are not getting emailed notifications of replies to topics you start, or topics you’ve replied to since the upgrade ?

I have the box checked to be notified of replies to topics, etc…..but have not been getting any emails since the upgrade happened………………:oops:

I even tried to send an email to the tech guys at wickededge@nextgenerationdesign.com and that email bounced as undeliverable.

The webmaster is aware of the issue and was working on it as of yesterday. I haven’t heard back from him yet to see what he’s come up with today.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’re testing out a new server to try and improve the speed. Please check it out here if you have a chance and let me know what you think of it: http://192.254.191.200/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=107. I don’t think you’ll be able to log onto your accounts and the forum won’t be current but you should be able to get a feel for the speed and responsiveness.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

It’s definitely a lot faster! I haven’t had any server errors either.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.