Advanced Search

Waiting the long wait in NV

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Waiting the long wait in NV

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 43

I got my new base today! I like being “aligned” after sharpening all those knives on the “crooked” base. 🙂

don griffith
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 51

After a wait that wasn’t really all that bad…well, if you don’t count having to keep using a Lansky while being forced to watch others receive their WEPS and show off their shiney, sharp blades here…I can finally report that my system is on the truck for delivery today. I was worried because of all the high wind damage and temporary I-15 freeeway closure that the delivery would be delayed, but not so.
    The note said the delivery was shipped complete, so I’ll assume I am going to get both halves of the clamp jaws…:silly: Did I mention I was forced to use my Lansky for two extra months?

Going to hold off on extra stones untill I can prove I need them. Better stones won’t make a better sharpener if the basic skill-set isn’t in place. (A better gun doesn’t make a better shooter if you don’t know what the sights are for.)

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Better stones won’t make a better sharpener if the basic skill-set isn’t in place. (A better gun doesn’t make a better shooter if you don’t know what the sights are for.)

So true! Please be sure to give the stones some time to break in. They keep getting better and better with use.

-Clay

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.