Advanced Search

Video Comparison of Different Sharpeners

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Video Comparison of Different Sharpeners

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

New video from Project Farm comparing a few sharpeners using the Bess Edge on Up and a microscope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDyYJJ6f9M.

It’s a cool channel and he does a good job comparing all kinds of things. He misses that there are a lot of WE models that are less expensive that can yield the same result and he also misses that a lot of people can get well below 100 with the right abrasives and techniques. Even so, it’s a neat video.

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

His review (as you mentioned) is using a $900 model instead of your Go model.  So I left this comment:

P Stone:
    I own a Wicked Edge Gen 3 Pro for its ease of use and it makes the hobby that much more enjoyable. But you fail to mention Wicked Edge also makes a $225 Wicked Edge Go model that can put the “exact same edge” on a blade as their $900 model does.  Makes your review simply smack of sensationalism comparing a $9 device to a $900 model. If you were being honest you would have used the $225 Wicked Edge Go as a comparison to the other devices.
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 404

WE is number 1! I’m sure that one of the less expensive models would have won also. Maybe he chose the $900 WE model so he could feel better about choosing the Lansky?

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.