Advanced Search

two gigs today – 13 at 1 and Axe at other

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business two gigs today – 13 at 1 and Axe at other

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

East Beach fare was pretty good – 13 knives – 1 is for homework.

Va Beach Farmers market – bleak – 1 Axe for homework

Maybe gold for surfchurch Sunday – got to see some nice gold from my buddy the Guru on thur. – see ya – good luck to everyone.

Vids are on you tube at: gravediggermax if u want to view. I have added a few pics only.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Good selection of small knives how did the ceramic turn out?

Haakon Aase Heie
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 20

You really did good with that Sami knife. Beautiful edge. Nice mirror polish.:-)

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I too am very interested as to how the ceramic knives turn out. I sharpened one once, but it was before I had accumulated the finer stones and it wasn’t really dull to start with.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Fine diamonds stones are all that will touch ceramic go courser than 1200 grit and it will chip the blade there has been some talk about producing some DMT plates the extra extra fine ones for the WE which will be perfect for ceramic blades the most important thing when sharpening them is keep checking with a loupe to see that you have reached the edge since not been metal a burr is not produced.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

I too am very interested as to how the ceramic knives turn out. I sharpened one once, but it was before I had accumulated the finer stones and it wasn’t really dull to start with.

I was lucky also. not tooooo dull when i started. just used 1000 paddles, if i remember correctly…. :unsure:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.