Advanced Search

This one’s going to be fun!! wohooo!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I will have to document this one so others can see how it went lol. not sure I have seen a thread on this yet, so anyone done this type of dagger before? Any tips? Thinking about using double sided tapes in a “quad” pattern to fill in the gaps on both sides of the taper…

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

I think that will work. I’ve gotten one that looks smaller ?that I made L’s out of leather to ride the sides . Tape is probably a smarter way to go. Not much help as I don’t see to many

Josh
    Participant

Thanks for the input Dan… gonna tackle this beast tomorrow night… I actually have 2 of them. But the good news is that I’m charging $20 each, probably going to take some of that shoulder off with my belt sander first =)

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

$20 each is a good price you’re giving them. Has it been sharpened before it’s hard to tell im my phone

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Josh I did a smaller set on the WE before my belt sander. Did it with the 50/80’s. It took forever! Came out fabulous, did I mention it took forever? If I was to do it again? I would start with the sander and finish with the WE.
    Also I used a 1″ square of chamois and it worked out fine.

Josh
    Participant

Thanks Eamon! I will keep that in mind for sure!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.