Advanced Search

The Honing Steel Adnauseam!

Recent Forums Main Forum The Honing Steel Adnauseam!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill Kirkley
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 97

I know, been there done that!  BUT, if I’m not mistaken, the end game is whether or not knife will do the job at hand, not if it has a pristine edge at some god awful  magnification.

I have a kitchen knife that I sharpened on my Wicked Edge two or three years ago. Since then I hone it with a steel every few days. It will still cut a tomato.

So I will give a lonely thumbs up for the honing steel.

As for those photos of all the damage to the edge remember they are greatly magnified. I would imagine if you put a just mirror edge sharpened blade under high enough magnification, it would look terrible!

Bill Kirkley
    Participant

Somehow the photos didn’t make it!

8B2D8EE3-FEC0-4573-89D3-B830CFC5C487
    CBEFA47C-0E0B-464C-8468-F1F933550C22

Attachments:
    Bill Kirkley
    Participant

I will try an edited video again.

trim.4559201F-2F4A-4C77-846D-E9874C1CA1B8

Attachments:
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Yep, the Wicked Edge systems get knives really sharp. But where they really shine is in reprofiling blades. You get a perfect edge apex.

Timm
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 44

I need to do some before/after pics of a blade sharpened with the WEPS and then burnished on a smooth steel. In my experience, it makes for a much smoother-cutting knife, but I haven’t used it after the WEPS yet.

The steel is at home, and my sharpening/photography is done in the shop at work, so I need to get my feces cohesive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.