Advanced Search

SOG Twitch II mirror polished convex bevel

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos SOG Twitch II mirror polished convex bevel

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

What is the deal with all the weird partially drilled holes in the handles of those 2 pretty knifes? Is there a reason for them beyond just looking different than other knives?

Victor
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 80

Thank you all!!

Josh – Spanner is nothing special, fairly standard stuff really. Although in terms of dimensional fit, it is precise. Commercial ground dowel is used for the center guide pin, which, whether to extend or retract it from the spanner body, there will be resistance from vacuum created within the precise bore ID. In use, center guide pin is pulled out, placed over the knife pivot screw, gently push down to allow vacuum escape from the spanner ID bore, dowel guide pin will center the spanner perfectly on the knife’s pivot when it is all the way down. Two nipples on the spanner has .0005″ side play to the corresponding spanner female pivot. I hope you get the idea from my crude descriptions.

Cliff – I used various home made small sanding blocks. Some are flat, while others, with required radius to suit blade profile. I also made jig to hold blade. Jig can pivot on vise so my body don’t have to contort into uncomfortable position, enable me to maintain accurate hand strokes while in repetitive work progressions. I have extensive collections of power tools, but I do all progression by hand along with tight grits progression. The nuisance is uncontrolled grit that drifted on working finish, which will set back the progression.

Zamfir – I presume you referring to the Domino and CRK? I am ambidextrous, double radius’ed dimples are there to enhance my grip and dimples provide an exact fit to my finger tips. Selecting the proper speed/fit, I purposely milled facets within the dimples – that in particular, sparkle with changing angle/light, is for looks 😉 :

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.